1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Till seatroutting

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Dav, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive just read a nice write up on the river till in the trout and salmon magazine tonight , Really fancying a night sesh on there like .
    I fished it a couple of times last season when the was a bit of a lift in the river on both occasions managing to find salmon and seatrout , Ide promised me self to return to try night fish it.
    The thing that caught my attention was the size of some of the seatrout that come out on the lower tweed below the till junction . a fish of 50lb and 4ft long was recorded in the nets and a rod and line caught seatrout of 46lb :surprise: and substantial fish come out every season . Made me wonder ....
    Well im defo fancying a night raid upto the borders very soon ...

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Its an amazing river system with endless possibilites.
    Big salmon, big sea trout, monster grayling and some more than decent browns too.
    Can't wait to get back on there- and having a mate who fishes it every week means I'll be right on the ball for information about how many fish are running.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Aye, plus some memories of the Red Lion in Milfield :cheesy:

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well i managed a session on the till today , River was up around 1.5` to 2`max due to snowmelt and was a perfect colour for the spinners , Unfortunatly the water was maybe abit to cold for much action .
    i did manage to disturb a descent fish which didnt stick , another lad lost a seatrout and paul manged to land a salmon around 8 to 9lb fresh springer . A very hard day but seems we faired better than the other 2 beats as nothing else came out .
    Cant wait Till next time . :cheesy:

5. seabass

seabass Blenny

Nice one Dav that will have got you fired up for another session there.

Don,t forget the average is about one fish per six session,s .

Chris.

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

The till has beed very good to us so far chris" thankfully" :pray:. in three sessions my first 3, weve managed to find 5 salmon and 2 seatrout between us , needless to say i really look forward to spendfing the day up there , just makes a change from wondering if there is any fish infront of you. :cheesy: the feeling i get regular round here . :cheesy: