1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Tees at Winston

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by GARP, Apr 23, 2012.

1. GARP

GARP Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I had a wander down from the bridge on the B6274 at Winston. Nice stretch of water, saw a few trout moving.
    I know the waters controlled by Stockton AA and there's probably a waiting list but does anyone know this water
    And could offer any more information

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Stockton AL club water for "A" section members, so far as I'm aware there is no waiting list for membership

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

I'm in Stockton and have fished the water only a few times. I dont think there is a waiting list for the "A" section, but phone the membership secretary to find out. His number is on their website. If there is a waiting list, then i would advise joining the" B" section and move up probably next year. As for the water itself, theres good trout and grayling to be had, just like any other section of the middle and upper Tees, and some members fish for the salmon there. I cant say if there is an effort made for the seatrout, but there should be, as i' have seen fish moving so far this season, on that stretch.
    Flies for trout and grayling are iron blue dun and partidge and orange are a good bet and maybe march brown spider, but that particular fly, unfortunately, seems to be thinning out on the Tees these days. Otherwise, a good old lobworm will do the trick.

4. GARP

GARP Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for the info. Gonna follow your advice and contact the secretary
    Think I agree on the sea-trout front, pretty sure thats what I was watching
    Yesterday

5. davy dunn

davy dunn New Member

To fish here you have to join the b club then go on a waiting list till you are asked to join A CLUB which allows you to fish here

6. davy dunn

davy dunn New Member

sea trout and salmon dont seem to get past the barrage in numbers like years ago

7. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

I joined last year as someone said you have to join the B section first and the Atdac , I did this and it was about 3 weeks before I got into the A section John Steel is the secretary find his number on the website, Jonathan Barnes has lots of you tube vids showing him fishing in different sections of the river

8. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

John's the Treasurer of Stockton, has been for longer than I've been a member but this topic is 4yrs old now

9. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

I bumped into john steel last year on the river he was very helpful:)

10. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

filled in my application today be nice to bump into you guys one day does it help to have a member propose for you as it asks on the membership form,davy

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  11. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Hi, I just rang the sectertary sent him a cheque and I was in the b section just like that, you may even get into the A section straight away, no one proposed me:)

12. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just spoke to treasurer he said i must go in B section £46 further payments of 14,17 £ upon invite to join A