1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Tees Angling Reports

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Im not really clued up on what's normal to be honest Brian as I dont know it that well, there didn't look to be a lot more than when I had a walk round the same stretch last thursday evening before that last batch of rain

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm eagerly looking at the levels / webcam at the moment, yesterdays influx of rain doesnt appear to have flooded too much, but there's plenty more rain to come this weekend. I'll be out on sunday morning come rain or shine, just dont know where yet and what for until i see what happens!

PS, nice fish matty, chub are one of my favourite species, great fighters and greedy pigs.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

couple of nice chubb there matty . well done mate.

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Had a few hours at Bowl Hole today that made me feel like Bear Grylls. Anyway, ended up with three chub all around 4lb mark, and one about 1.5lb. Lost a couple too. All caught on meat.

5. jimlad

NIce size chub them mate, well done

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Dave, looks like I've got some catching up to do this next week or two

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

Shame you cant get out now Bri, because the river is still carrying a bit of colour at the moment.

8. brian carragher

Back home Friday Dave, hope to be out somewhere this weekend, got a job to do on Longlands Rd Tesco M'bro Mon and Tue so might sneak off Tue night for a late one but so far I've got Wed and Thur off so that might be a day on the river, fingers crossed for the right sort of barbel conditions

9. Davo

Davo Rockling

Think i'm off work Monday Bri so you'll have to pop in for a cuppa.

10. brian carragher

Change of plan Dave, got to be on a site for 7am Mon morning in Paisley doing some temporary cover but I still plan to be off later in the week, see how it goes but I want to be on the river this week

11. Davo

Davo Rockling

No worries Bri.

Had a few hours on the river just below Bowl Hole on both the Yarm and Stockton stretch. Had one chub about 3.5lb. Missed a few too.

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I had another go on the Tees on Sunday evening. one chub about 3lb and an Eel

13. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice one Matty :happy:

14. jimlad

Sounds like there's quite an influx of eels on the Tees this year,well done mate

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

nice one lads there nice fish them chubb , always nice to catch .

16. GARP

GARP Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I notice the EA have updated the Tees daily Salmon counts to show 77 for June
    18 passed on the 30th. I've had a few evening sessions on the Gainford beat but have yet to see any Salmon
    I did land one small sea-trout on Sunday to a Dee Monkey in daylight. Was just wondering if anyone has seen any fish recently?

17. Davo

Davo Rockling

Fished the Tees today and hoping for a barb, but none showed and ended up with just one chub of about 3lb.

18. jimlad

Decided to do some trotting this morning, mainly because i wasnt confident of catching much else at the moment, but also to get me drennan combo floatmaster out. Got there early and set up to trot maggot and caster. Size 18 to 3.2lb drennan float line and 1lb 10oz drennan team england hooklength. Roach sport from the off, nice fish as well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shallowing up brought some bonus dace as well, some of them decent sized. Hooked into something solid which was probably a chub or decent roach, but the hook sprung out.
    [​IMG]
    (Dace on the left..)

Dropping some maggots close to my feet brought a few perch, mostly small
    [​IMG]
    As the sun got up, i hooked into another roach which went solid and started hugging the bottom and plodding along, ignoring my pleas to get it to the surface. Clearly a pike had took it and it wasnt long till a bitten through hooklength was returned. I was expecting this at some point, and had the pike rod rigged up at the ready with a smelt deadbait. This was taken within 30 seconds of casting, and an athletic summer jack pike was eventually landed. All in all, an enjoyable morning. Time for a bacon sarnie and cup of tea.....
    [​IMG]

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice looking Roach there and a good idea having the Pike rod handy :yes:

20. brian carragher

Much pike action there then Jim where you were, I had 4 out on Saturday, 3 of about11lb a piece and a smaller one of about 6lb

Funny sort of morning just decided to go and got all the baits in the water by 8.40am and had the first out 3 mins later, come 9.10am (half an hour)I had the three bigger ones and the smallest came at 10.10am and then nothing it went as dead as a dodo but they were running water off at the barrage so I think that spoilt it a little, had two dropped runs as well so could have been a belter of a day if they had connected