1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

river swale

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by alan whitwell, Jun 19, 2014.

1. alan whitwell

alan whitwell Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well I finally managed my first evening session of the year last night on my local stretch of the swale, conditions were far from ideal, water low and clear and bright sunshine, any how I walked the river and identified a couple of swims I fancied trying, I primed them with hemp and casters and a few bits of meat
    First swim had some lovely over hanging willows on my inside perfect to run a stick float through down the edge of them, a couple of run throughs with the float resulted in a cracking brownie of about 2 half pound, I moved on to a couple more swims with not much look apart from a few little dace and chublets and managed to get bust up twice, chub in the swale are the hardest fighting fish i no and they certainly no were they live
    I decided to return to my first swim were I got the trout, and managed to catch a stunning chub 4lb 3oz all in all a lovely evening and good to be back on the river

Attached Files: