1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

river leven

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by LEONFR, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sparky1251

sparky1251 New Member

plenty ov sea trout and occasional salmon in the pool what used to be behind the cross keys pub sadly now converted into luxury accomodation,had many a gd pint in there whilst bagging up on winter roach and dace.getting back to the leven and its trout yes loads in there,had em as far up as hutton rudby on the skutterskelf water splash section,some crackin rainbows and brownies to be had aswell,but most fly sindicate up that way and if garbutt johnson is still the bailiff up there beware,he got me many moons ago lol(matured these days).also i gd stretch if u willing to put the hours in is wilton anging club water,it runs from the A19 road bridge were it crosses the leven up as far as kirklevington roughly around mile and a half of fast water with some crackin holding pools,membership is only a tenner aswell cant complain at that,details r on the nett under wilton angling club,,,,tight lines

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

As far as i'm aware Sparky, Thornaby and yarm A.C have the rights to fish The Leven below the viaduct, and its a bit more than a tenner i'm afraid. I've fished it for a few years now, and its a cracking place to fish. Total solitude. (Once you are away from the viaduct that is).

Dave

3. sparky1251

sparky1251 New Member

must have changed dave,i was in wilton club going back 2 years ago and they had the stretch then mate,unless it was amalgamated bud not quite sure.dont suppose u know if middlesbrough still have the water above the road bridge at leven,used to be some crackin chub just on the bend below the the pipe. :whatever:

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Middlesbrough still have the bit above the weir Sparky, but its only a few hundred yards. I dont think anyone fishes it to be honest, especially as the Tees is next door. I've had some cracking Chub out of there, just above Boro's stretch, whilst fishing for Brownies with the worm.

5. sparky1251

sparky1251 New Member

nice to know dave cheers,worth joinin middlesbrough again as i only tend to get a few hours after work which is y most of my fishing now is sea angling and tend to just freshwater fish now on my doorstep,i tend to fish the tees around croft(skern mouth)and broken scar for the barbus barbus ov an evening but fancy a sesh on the leven,ile will deffo have to double check on that stretch under a19,,,,was the stretch on the thornaby club water u mentioned dave upstream or downstream ov the bridge bud,think ive still got norman twiddles address ile have to pm him and double check on the waters which they may have lost and gained.