1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Alan (AKA Big Cliff)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Aug 23, 2016.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

very sad to hear this guy was top drawer a pleasure to have known him
    thoughts are with his family

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I never met big cliff, however he did give me some very good info on places to fish and best times. Rip and I am sure he will be missed by all that know him

3. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very sad news he is a lovely gentleman who would take anyone fishing no matter what. He truly is a ambassador to sea fishing and I will say it was a pleasure to have met him and fished with him. God bless you Alan you and catch some big ones up there I'm sure you will find a good spot. Thinking of Martin and family on such a hard time. Martin your dad will always be remembered for the right reasons he was a true gentleman always. Rip Alan x

4. Kingcodlin

Kingcodlin New Member

RIP Alan I didn't know you personally but from all the posts off the other lads on hear you sounded a top bloke Tight lines up there

5. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cracking bloke and will be a big miss to loads of folk....when i first joined the forum years ago, Alan gave me loads of info and i told him i was taking my young son fishing for the first time, he was maybe 7 or 8 years old.....
    he arranged to meet up and took may lad under his wing that day and gave him loads of info and told him to not always go with the norm, sometimes try something different, that day my lad caught his first cod and i wish i had a photo of Lee with his catch.....the smile could have stretched from the east pier to the west pier...
    i bumped into Alan a few times after that at various marks over the years and he always asked if lee still fished....lee is now 20 yr old but sadly doesnt do sea fishing now....he prefers coarse fishing but the memories are still with him and me of a total stranger who bent over backwards to make his day a good one,...

a true gentleman who made a memory that will live with me and lee forever

R.I.P Alan your a star in more ways than one

Paul and Lee

6. joe123lumbo

joe123lumbo Blenny

Alan used to work with my Grandad at lackenby beam mill and took my grandad to lock long fishing back in 1978, from the stories I've heard it sounded like they had a smashing week. Never knew Alan other than on this forum, but from what my grandad and others told me of him, he sounded a lovely bloke. RIP Alan