1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Alan (AKA Big Cliff)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Aug 23, 2016.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Very sad to report that our very own Big Cliff (alan) passed away a couple of days ago.

Alan was a well respected member of the sea angling community and this forum. He got many an angler into cliff fishing and always had time for anyone. I know I could talk to him for hours about fishing.

Thoughts are with his family at this sad time

RIP Alan (AKA Big Cliff)

2. DK

DK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

RIP Big Cliff

3. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

known alan many years going back to 70s, always willing to help and share his passion
    RIP Big Cliff

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

RIP Big Cliff, only had the pleasure of meeting Alan a few times and he was a real gent.

5. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thoughts to family, RIP

6. bassman

bassman Administrator

My thoughts go out to his family PIP Alan

7. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It was with great sadness to hear about Alan Jackson -, a big man with a character and knowledge to match, and a willingness to help anyone - we're going to miss you Alan on our local sorties this winter, and Arbroath wont be the same without you, but some great memories with the daft jokes you used to tell and the stories that glossed them up in the telling, Who could forget the hilarious gorilla joke or the octopus one You've left a big void in our fishing mates Al, but you will never be forgotten Deepest sympathy to Judy , Helen,Fiona ,and big Martin Rest in peace mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Charliepat

Charliepat Blenny

I never had the pleasure of meeting 'big cliff',,but thoroughly enjoyed reading about his exploits on the forum.
    Condolences to his family,,and I'm sure all the guys on here who knew him personally will make sure he will be remembered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

A really helpful bloke who helped me a lot with my shore fishing. Rest in peace Alan and my deepest sympathy to all his family.
    A true gent

10. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A stalwart of this forum, giving fantastic advice.
    His posts were always excellent.
    And, he was always thoroughly decent in his manner on here. Humble and helpful.
    Never met him, though I built up a massive respect for him over the years.
    Sad news.
    RIP

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

So sad to have lost such a great friend. I will never forget the great times we had together Alan. He was such a great guy, with such a passion for sea angling. He was always looking for new marks or new methods to get the best results, and always making us laugh a long the way.. I'm afraid we have lost a very special man..

[​IMG]

R.I.P Alan

• Like Like x 2
  12. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

RESPECT!

13. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Rip alan....a true gent.only met him once but he helped me massive over the years....... A very sad loss for his family,friends and the whole angling community

14. limpet

limpet Blenny

sad news, rip big cliff

15. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A really lovely bloke, a top man and was a privilege to meet him. Rest in peace Alan.

16. deecee

deecee Blenny

Such a sad loss . So wise. So humble. So down to earth. Deepest sympathy to Alan's family.

17. robq

robq Rockling

Such sad news :(

Although I never met Alan we had plenty of discussion on this site

He will be sorely missed for his detailed and informative posts :(

He always seemed to be so excited and passionate about his fishing and always looking at innovative ways to improve things :)

RIP Big Cliff

Condolences to Martin and all his family.

Rob

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

So sad to hear this, you didn't need to be in Alan's company for long to realise what a gent he was and what a huge part of his life fishing had been. His mantra 'think outside the box' will always stay with me.

Thoughts with Martin and family

Nick

19. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

rip pal.
    you only get one life but yours was a full adventure ,i had many great reads from your exploits with gjw and others on the forum im sure you will be sorely missed by all that knew you.
    condolences to your family and friends and rip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dav

Dav Rockling

So sad to hear this news , My thoughts are with his family and close friends at this difficult time .
    R.i.p. Al .