1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reports from this weekend's stir up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I remember a match early last season when you boys filled up from Staithes cliffs and nearly all of Whitby club blanked. The fish can be very localised at this time of year.

Hi Baza, If the info I have is correct and the weights are as I stated then its a good start for some of the lads. I do know where the fish will have come from but it would be very rude of me to divulge their info - sorry :sad: :happy:

2. IanB

IanB Blenny

It would appear that people just dont want to divulge any info, which is sad really.
    I've looked on other forums and it would seem everywhere is the same, there is nothing
    reported anywhere of significance.
    I know there were at least 12 fish (codling) caught on a local beach on sat night when according
    to the forum there was none caught (or not seen). I was'nt there, but told by a captor.
    I was out last night at sandsend and there was only 1 fresh run codling caught of 4lb 1oz
    and the biggest bloody rockling i've ever seen. Although there were a few from the cliffs.

3. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

sambo took 4 codling on fri night down scarboro, all on lug, my much loved peeler didnt even get a sniff :sad:

4. IanB

IanB Blenny

Nice one Phill, Sam kept that one quiet :suspious: :whistle: :wink:

5. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

lol maybe he thinks he's gonna ruin his run of good luck, wish he'd pass some of it this way :whatever:
    big thanks to the blokey from manchester that told us where to drop in if you read this :cheesy:

6. IanB

IanB Blenny

He does seem to be having an incredible run of luck of late Phill :yes:

7. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Please could you post the report of these 12 fish you know of being caught Ian.

8. IanB

IanB Blenny

Would if I could Tim, but you know how it is I was'nt there, but talking to a lad in the
    car park last night and he said (cant remember the names) so & so had 6 fish, so & so
    had 4 fish and so & so had 2 fish. Thats all I know, I dont know any weights but I could
    find out for you the next time I see him.

9. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

he does ian yes, must be all these lucky weights and jigheads he gets off me lol

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, had a decent night on Friday down Scarb, managed 4 codling and lost one right at the end. Was a good night and well worth staying up until 5am :snore: Shame Phil didn't have as much luck though :sad: highlight of his night was sticking a 2/0 in his finger :ugly: :wounded:
    Fished Thurs and Sat night as well but only managed a few Whiting whilst stood in the rain :sick:

11. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

yeah was a canny stint but the shooting stars were out and the wind was quite forgivin, a little late though for me to be up considerin i was at work for 10am and dint get home till 6am :wounded: thanks for reminding me about the hook :embarrass:
    surely the cod'll show in numbers shortly??

12. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

bowesy was out t nite at cowbar i never bothered as i went lamping instead,no bites but one angler managed one fish
    when travelling back from whitby saw a couple of lights on sandsend cliff and 1 in car park about 10 50 pm

13. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fished sandsend cliffs last nite, managed 2 coalies and a blegg, lost a nice fish 3/4 way in, probably needed a bit more sea on with the size of the tide!!

14. pat

pat New Member

to go with my last post just a couple of pics of me and my son sean on middleton pier last week , 19 whiting in total , first pic is me looking like humpty dumpty with a whiting caught on lug and a strip of squid , second photo is my 18 year old son home for the weekend he is aprentice plant fitter at liebherr ( biggleswade ) going to try whitby west next time he is home . [​IMG]
    [​IMG]