1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reports from this weekend's stir up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Oct 2, 2008.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

fished hummersea and the jetty last night. Had a good bite down hum but i missed it. Was full of weed so we went on the jetty for 2 hours. didnt get out but there were two cod and a few whities ands pouting caught

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

What about the Bass Dan ?

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

Fished Sandsend carpark on Sat night It was orrible (Very Wet) I blanked there was a few fishing didnt see anybody catch owt except a small flatty.
    Fished a bit of a Marathon Last Nite (Sunday) I was planning on fishing Seal Goit/Bird Flight at LW around 2am
    I got sick of waiting about so I went dwn Skinningrove Jetty at 7pm I fished on there till about 11.30pm
    I got 1 whiting, Whilst I was there there was a few Pouts and Whiteys caught 1 Codling to about 4lbs and a Sea Bass (Size unknown)
    Anyway I went around Seal Goit and fished til 3am Got Nowt!
    I still had a bit of bait left so fished on jetty once again until 7am
    I was pestered by whiting I caught a couple more But that was all
    It seems the codling are very thin on the ground. I wonder If It is Still a Bit Early?

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

forgot abou tthat foo, i didnt see it but i think it was about 3 lb
    Nice fish

5. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

forgot abou tthat foo, i didnt see it but i think it was about 3 lb
    Nice fish
    [/quote]

Yeah lovely fish just shows the new wonder bait can pick out the fish when they are thin on the ground, good stuff. :wink:

6. pat

pat New Member

hi all , trying to upload some pics of me and my sons outing early saturday morning , on middleton pier , and by the looks of the reports we where
    in the right spot for a change ,19 whiting intotal , 10 for me and 9 for sean , any help with the upload would be great , pat

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thats what its all about pat , getting the young uns unvolved , carnmt wait till my daughter is abit older , i already have her pink rod waiting .....

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:happy: :happy:

9. skl

skl Blenny

Have a read of this pat

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/site-information/how-to-post-pictures-onto-the-forum/msg23415/#msg23415

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

fished port friday night, had three codling biggest 5lb and a bleg, fished the wier saturday and kicked ass , fished the mary's match last night and kicked three rockling's ass (rubbish won it with a 5lb'er and some bits an bobs, chopper came second and got hsf 6lb9oz, chudds came third with a 3lb'er and some bits and bobs) :happy:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Hey Paul....Robq and I gave Hayburn Wyke a licking last night (Rob had to drop the yak off in Scabby so was nearby).......wasted stacks of crab on some of the biggest Rocklings I ve ever seen...sure some were lost proper Ling !!

We mentioned you having a feast on em...lol.. :wink:

Rocklings = 6 codlings = 0 :sad:

12. Lobbers

now then, according to my match fishing mentor, some of you might recognise his name, jamsy(james moore), told me that rockling are the best tasing fish in the sea, i am yet to try it.
    any advice acko!!!! :cheesy:

13. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Fished the Heugh at Hartlepool last Sat. It was rough in the wind. Caught about 8 whities. No Codling.
    Mick.

14. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

four of us fished sheepstones last night for 2 and a half hours.2 rocklings and 2 fish lost at our feet.
    had a couple of chucks on the way back to staithes and caught an eel.

15. Lobbers

not a lot of codling about yet fellas, i have seen better autums than this, just hope they come down from up north cos they are nailing them there

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Heard the Whitby club had a very good weigh in Paul. Think 24 pound won and several double figure bags too, so there are fish there to be had when conditions fall right. Wishing Id gone out tonight really.

17. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

fished piers and midway at cornelian last night for 3 rockling and a eel not a codling in sight! conditions perfect !! just no fish waste of crab !! maybe still a little early from reports no ones catching much anywhere! :sad:

18. baza

baza New Member

24lb, any more info glen?
    i fished the wear sunday in a match and had an eel first chuck nowt thereafter, p*** poor, where did you fish paul, we fished the claxheugh, flood water turned the fish off i think. it fished its nuts off on saturday apparently

19. Lobbers

20. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

fished seaham hall beach sat night , the big sea from friday night had gone completely, :angry: :angry: and it pi##ed down , fished the tide up an hour then down 3 was dissapointed no codling :angry: :angry: we had fresh blacks,peeler,mussel and sandeel, :happy: but no mackys :angry: :angry: a couple of nearby anglers had a couple of yting on macky but in general the fishing was crap :sad: :sad: