1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reports from this weekend's stir up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Hi all back from my hols in Whitby now......went to Port Mulgrave yesterday aft into dark.......nothing for all the flood then just as the ebb started the bites started...managed just two mops and missed the rest.......would have stayed but too cold as hadn t expected October to be like a december night.
    Will post a little hols report with a load of pics of some of the known marks over low....but a bit busy catching up today.

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

should have been harryrockling :laugh: :laugh:

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

glen, hes got about 4 tons of frozen at home, ive seen it !!!!!!!!!!!

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

just out of interest just a few minutes
    after our martin got the 5lb 15 oz cod of the cliff, a couple of anglers walked under our perch
    so as i have said before fish them well back on the ebb on decent sized tides

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

fished mulgrave last night. Had one good bite an d missed it. Think there was only 3 or 4 fish caught all night

6. woody

woody New Member

fished rhb last nite lost 2 fish one off the wall one off the scar :angry: only bites all nte pretty poor really considering the colour of the water down there oh and saved a blank with a humble rockling some where will fish tonyt tho !!! :cheesy:

7. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Fished at runswick last night.had a cracking bite that i missed :angry:
    had a rockling on when i wound in my last cast.
    didn't see any fish caught.

8. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

fished r h bay last night, weed weed weed, no fish.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

?? Whats happening ?? no fish anywhere ?? Im out tonight lets hope they are about by then :sad:

10. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

There will be glen....im going !!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

I might have a look out tonight, Dav went out to test the water and caught a few, so i will probably give it a go... :happy:

12. Baramundi Bob

I have a strong feeling RHB might just come on form. Fingers crossed. :happy:

13. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

morning all... when you go to rhb where do you go? aint been there in years n would like to give it another go.

cheers... steve

14. littlefisherman

littlefisherman New Member

fished saltburn pier this morning, arrived 5.40, 2 other lads giving it a go, tried to anchor with an elastic band around the grip lead, didnt work like. No bites, no fish, moderate to heavy seas but winds nowhere near as strong as predicted by BBC, anyway theres always tonight and tomorrow morning, maybe even tomorrow night :crazy: Love it me, just nice to see day break, and be home for 8 for beans and sausages.

15. pat

pat New Member

just got back from middleton pier hartlepool , got there at 04.30 ,no fish or bites until high water and it started getting light then
    we where catching 1 every cast , me and my son sean got 19 whiting between us , getting them on any bait , took 6 home and put the rest back , they where just a little under size , had great fun after a few blanks the last couple of outings it was a nice change , the wind got up and the bites stoped , left at 09.30 , :happy: :happy:

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

hello alan are you on dwugs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:see you about sometime and have a laugh ,hope you get your tackle pulled :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. woody

woody New Member

did u do out then glenn ?

18. Baramundi Bob

I got Wet Woody :angry: and no fish :cheesy: :laugh:. Twas a real horrible night wasnt it. Did you go out ??

19. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

sat night very wet but not cold on sandsend car park only caught a small billet and a rockling, sea virtually flat. Not cold. Got up very early, sunday, to fish west pier. Sea stirring up, bitterly cold, two whiting. can't believe how much the sea and temperature changed. is the sea that temperamental. :educated:

20. woody

woody New Member

na i never bothered sat, should have had a cuck off the west on sat early hours for the flood as it was dieing off but think i would have been waisting me time lol :angry: