1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reports from this weekend's stir up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ringer, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

The first real stir up of this season is upon us and should disperse the herring shoals that the codling's are preoccupied with.this should bring the codling's into the shore mark's to feed.
    If you venture out and catch a few,share your success or failure stories with us here.
    I went out last night and fished the Whitby sea angler's first match of the season.I fished cowbar jetty and I lost one fish and landed a bleg.A lad fishing next to me caught a lesser spotted dogfish.I didn't go back to the weigh in so cannot report on what was weighed in.

2. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

me mates rubbish and john nix had now off cowbar cliffs tonight in their redcar club match..
    useless pair of buggers, i told them where to go for a fish tonight, high water ebb, and i think glen would agree with me???? :surprise:

3. woody

woody New Member

hope its not too heavy for there tomoro lobbers but looks like it could be ! :happy:

4. Lobbers

do yoy know where im going woody???? :surprise:

5. woody

woody New Member

mmmmmm i wonder :whistle:

6. Lobbers

HAVE A GUESS :cheesy:

7. woody

woody New Member

sandsend car park :laugh: :laugh:

8. woody

woody New Member

na was going to have alook at port tommoro but a lad thats with us is on call so has to have a signal :tease:

9. Lobbers

good option actually if its not too heavy, allways good for bass and early codling, love the place, very underated :yes:

10. Lobbers

sorry sandsend good optiion,, port good if bouncinng

have a look on sandy carpark, allways throws good fish, espesially autumn :cheesy:

11. GJW

GJW Rockling

Was up on cliffs last night bit disapointing really, Big Cliff got a cod and Mart had 2 nice cod for just over 10lb.... I was the only one with fresh crab and i went home with nothing :cry:

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Wouldnt they lend you any Gary ? :surprise: :cheesy:

13. woody

woody New Member

unlucky gary ! did they take a liking to frozen instead ? :cheesy:

14. bucko

bucko Guest

Tried the rocks at Runswick for the 2 hours down to low and the first hour of the flood.
    Nothing at all- some very, very tentative bites that didn't connect and one that slammed the rod tip down like it was hooked but came to nothing.

15. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

fished the cliffs last night with sambo and MJG69 - Mark got 2 codling - 1 decent one 5 or 6lb , I got 2 rockling :sad:.

went down to RHB for low and we all blanked

hopefully the bigger seas forecast for today will improve things

16. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes Woody although there wasn't a lot of fish the fish fell to frozen crab and nothing touched my nice fresh crabs, although i wouldn't read to much into it as fresh crab is a very good bait this time of year and will catch fish,,, so i cant really use it as an excuse for my poor performance.... :laugh: :laugh: must try harder next time...

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

hi garry now the caravan sorted ,i will be getting back to my codding again ,i feel sometimes i havnt put myself out enough in the recent past , i am looking forward to meeting up with you and allan again on the cliffs and gullies ,and having a few laughs on the cold winter nights ,and maybee get a double this year tight lines HARRY

18. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Sea massive at skinny,unfishable at the moment but wind now dropping :canadian: :canadian: :laugh:

19. GJW

GJW Rockling

Its good to hear your coming out of retirement and dusting the old cod rod off Harry... :cool:

20. rubbish

rubbish New Member

the thing is its a time issue we only have 45 mins to get back , but then i suppose 2 hours in the right place is better than 3 in the wrong but if you ask john that would have been our number 1 choice if time allowed