1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report 18/10/13 new PB

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by gleadall474, Oct 20, 2013.

1. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Well the night started at sandsend carpark i got there about 15:30 and started fishing about 16:00. The weed was bad from the start and just got worse to the point where when I did hook in to a fish I could not get it through the weed that had built up just below me. And As soon as the fish was in weed it was not coming out and I was dragged about 15ft along the carpark before the line give way and the fish and rig was gone.
    [​IMG]
    At that point it was time for a move. after talking to a couple of lads that were down there I decided to move down to whitby east pier. A place I'd never fished as I have always fished the west pier. When I got there about 18:00ish there was no one there but there looked to be a few on the west pier. It looked very fishy so set up and decided to go for a big squid and cart bait I was fishing for about an hour in which I had a few bites that I could not conect with then the line went slack and as quick as it went slack the rod slammed over. I Grabbed the rod and connected in to a fish that didn't feel that big but as I got the fish closer I started to feel this was a good one and even dared to believe I my have caught my first shore double. soon as it came to the surface and the light from my head torch hit it I knew it was my first double then I realised that it was not mine untill it was up that wall. There was no one with me so after a couple of attempts I got hold of the line. slowly bit by bit up she came the second the fish was up I started jumping around shouting yes yes yes! Once I calmed down I weighed the fish which came out at about 11lb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Once I got back home to Huddersfield I weighed it properly and confirmed I had cought my first double figure cod weighing 11lb 5oz
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hope you all like my report and I bet it was busy on there last night.

Thanks for reading
    Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

great catch and a lovely fish for your first double well done

3. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done on the fish mate bet your very pleased by its got sum battle scars like

4. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Must have been a few heart stopping moments as you handballed it up the side ???

Lovely fish mate , well done .

5. gleadall474

I have got cuts all over my hands from the line cutting in to them. The worse bit was trying to get the rod down and getting hold of the line I think my heart stopped every time a wave hit the fish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. Peever lad

Peever lad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done. An absolute belting fish :)

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Fantactic mate, made up for you. It was only last year that i had my first shore cod got three off the wesy one night. I hope to get a double at some point this season and like u i will be doin a jig... big well done again my friend and hope u get more. The best i had was 5 pound and am intresred to read about the bite u got. Sounds like a propper cod bite that one, when i had my fish the bites were like whittin rattles and i nearly ignored them.....i bet you were well excited when the rod went , reading your post i could see the rod goin slack then goin over totaly great mate keep at it

8. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Mate - that is an awesome report.

Actually it's a real inspiration for everyone like me who travels a long way for their sea fishing as it makes it even more of an achievement when you don't live on the coast.

Make sure it gets entered into the biggest shore fish of the month competition sponsored by whitby angling supplies.

We'll chuffed for you mate.
    Bp

9. bow1

bow1 Rockling

well done mate youll not forget that night in a hurry.
    me and a mate had it to ourselves right through last night.poor!!!sea was flat!!!
    jyst out interest which part of pier where you fishing and at what range?foynd last night all bites coming from a specific area in front of extension.pm if u want.

again well done.hope you have a good winter!!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

10. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Nice One Dave! and thanx for posting the report, this is what keeps guys like me making the pilgrimage to Whitby to fish for Cod...lol

Tex

11. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done cracking fish

12. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

What a belting fish a great report Dave - you can live off the story of that one for a long while to come mate - well done ;D

13. gleadall474

I was fishing by the second wall in the middle of the pier. having not fished there before i was a bit in the dark as to where to try but in the dark i could see a strip of water that looked darker so i aimed for that hoping there was a hole or gully there i would say i was only casting about 60-70ft but in the dark it was hard to say. hope that helps

14. Albert All

Albert All Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Dave I know that when you get a nice fish it makes the journey home a lot easier had a few doubles myself and being land locked does make it special. I am from Hudds as well yet to have a run out this season, your report has got the juices going.

15. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done on the barney rubble :mad:

16. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Am I the only one to think it a little poor form not to wear a tie with one's shirt whilst fishing?
    Standards are proper plummeting!
    :)

17. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Shirt not tucked in either! It's just not tennis old boy! ;)

18. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Tramp wiyh a big fish ......;););) only jealousy talking congratulations mate well done without doubt squelchy squeaky bum time handballing up the wall :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

19. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done dave and thanks for your report.

20. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Word of warning. Could have been worse, he could have spooled up with braid. If you do (spool up braid) then get some cheap gardening gloves from 'Wilko' and stash them in your bag. You really don't want to be hauling 11lb of Cod up a wall with braid and bare hands ::)

Very nice fish BTW. Don't envy you handling it on your own though ;)

(OT. So that's 3 of us from Hudds - few more and we can change the name of the site)