1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reel seat repair

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Pony, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Pony

Pony Yorkshire karma. It s called come uppence

My Greys GRXI reel seat gave out last night. The glue that holds it in place failed and now the whole assembly rotates around the blank. The reel can still be fitted to the rod securely. Any ideas of a quick fix to see me through before I have less fishing and send it for repair. Ta

2. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Wot about trying to remove the old glue with hot water and/or fine glass paper NOT marking the rod then applying a fresh coat of araldite or similar epoxy and putting the reel seat in position taking care to line the reel seat up with the but eye then taping it securely until the glue goes off??

3. Pony

Pony Yorkshire karma. It s called come uppence

Yep that's for the future. There's the grip then the seat and to make life awkward a one inch section of cork for the butt. ( Its a fly rod btw) I did nt want to remove the butt section just for now until I get some replacement cork. Have managed to force the seat up the blank far enough to get some super glue in and jobs a good un for now.
    Cheers for the info mattie appreciate it

4. oneeyed

oneeyed Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Also anyone know who can re ring my sonik sk8 and what sort of price would it be can't start new topic a I stupid