1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redcar Scaurs?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by FireFly, Mar 6, 2016.

1. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Hi Guys,
    I'm coming up for a week or so to see family and want to get a session or three in if possible. Does anyone know if Redcar beach and especially the scaurs are fishing at the moment please. Or open to suggestions.
    Thanks for any help or advice in advance,
    Tight Lines

2. boris777

boris777 New Member

theres being a decent sea running last few days to heavy for the beaches apart from a few low tide marks sea should drop this week depending when your fishing should be coulord for a few days fishes diffrent every day so if its fishable give it a go or try southgare or saltburn pier gl were ever u go

• Like Like x 1
  3. DK

DK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished Jenny lights a couple of times this year on big lows, difficult to get past the small billet. got 8 in 1 1/2 hours, and a small cod.

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fish down from stray cafe from the flood can produce

5. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Thanks for the replies guys. Used to fish behind or on Jennie Lights many moons ago in another life. Had some great nights down there but that was always October through to back end of January, maybe Feb. Tight Lines

6. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres been lights on the rocks during the winter so obviously theres anglers going on there and fishing but I'm not hearing of fish being caught, they must be as they're going back to fish it again, can only think theres a bit of secrecy going on so as not to attract too many other anglers, plenty of fish being caught in pots close to the scaurs so the fish are still there

Could well be worth a chuck or maybe low water at Lye Damms , usually one or two to be found lurking there

As always I know you'll pop in to see John and Denise so they may have a little info or know who's been venturing out on the rock

Don't believe theres no fish around the scaurs given how many come to the pots and after fishing close to the scaurs myself from the boat know theres a lot more fish around the hard rock than most folk realise

• Like Like x 1
  7. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Aye, I always pop in to Redcar Angling Brian. Funnily enough I still regard the place as my local tackle shop and have bought quite a bit of gear off them but not for a while as I now seem to have every bit of kit a grown man could wish for. The wife thinks it's the cheapest tackle shop in the country and everything costs a fiver! :)
    Thanks for the advice, two of us used to fish there about 4 times a week on the right tides over the winter and always had good nights. Plenty of blokes would turn up give it one tide and never return (which we didn't mind), but just too lazy to learn how to fish the scaurs. Like anywhere you need to put the time in as you know. Talked to one guy down there and told me that there was only one month a year that he never normally caught any Bass but that was made up by the Cod. I take pictures of the place every time I come up, reminds me of the place & myself about 40 odd years ago. I know, I'm sad lol. :)

8. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Remember those pics of the pollock we're catching at Redcar John?, the ones you resized and put on here for me, from 2009 so a good 7 year ago, well the fish are still there and they're getting bigger too with double figure pollock getting caught on a regular basis and decent bags of quality cod too, often within almost touching distance of hard scaur

• Like Like x 1