1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redcar beach

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Nov 14, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had a couple of hours tonite before low water just left of cafe
    2 flounder and one whiting for my troubles lovely night expected poss a bit more but well happy
    bait worm tipped with maccy and squid
    few other anglers down dont know if anything else caught

2. basha

basha Blenny

i was on the gare last nite,very mild even took me smock off at one point.only angler there,what a few hours make,was more ripple on locke park.anyways the fishing,3 whiting and four flatties,all the whiting ov size decent stamp of fish.bait makky/squid.fish came quickly and then went dead so wrapped it up around 9.
    few hours out john and a couple of fish to boot,would off hit a rock mark,but couldnt get me arse into gear yesterday,the fishing has caught up to me been out so often.having a few days off now to wait for the seas to pick up again sunday onwards with a bitt of luck.

3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just seen sib off marske high if its zetland he will probably post

and you may see what you missed just out of casting range.

having a yomp over low water to see if any schoolies about, just dug some

fresh sand eels with lug so trying sand eels on light gear with this sea dropping.

w.e. will probably produce if the sea gets away again.

beach/scars at redcar seems overlooked these days ,not many lights on when

sea away, used to be more popular than runswick etc.

could still be a hidden gem.

4. basha

basha Blenny

was a regular at 1 point on the scars at redcar/the hole etc.
    tried it numerous times with only small samples showing,mainly pins/coalies with odd mop,nothing really to shout about.
    coatham hole has give me some good codling over the yrs,just not in abundance as they once was.still worth a throw mind one never knows,just be carefull fishing the scars for anyone who hasnt ventured on there,its an easy place for a disaster/cut off points.a good recci and viewing advised and fish along side someone who knows the scars untill you get to know it,

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I would love to give the scaurs a go but have no idea where or when to start. I have been down at low water a few times but as you say I need someone to show me.... any takers? I'm free on mondays ,thursdays friday and saturdays.:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. basha

basha Blenny

i will certainely give you a shout nxt time i venture on there fella.
    i was one of the very lucky ones to survive the scars in my much younger brave days.
    a flat calm summers day,enjoying the float fishing and got carried away with things and not looking over my shoulder enough.i knew what time the tides were,but unfortunately never checked the heights and calculated things accordingly.i found myself trying to wade back thinking i knew were i was going and with the tide racing in at some knotts found myself stuck a quarter mile out surrounded by deep gullys well above head height.lucky for me i was seen waving frantically before i got spotted.by the time the lifeboat got to me which took no more than 5 mins i was almost shoulder deep in water.i was unfortunate to lose a really good pall of mine on thoughs scars also.from that point on i made sure i went with someone who knew the scars and the way the tide runs along them and im pretty well up on them now but still from this day im constantely looking over my shoulder,it can be a daunting place,specially when that fog rolls in.not for the faint hearted or spooky angler,even worse by torch light.it just so happend it was a very high 5.7mtr tide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jc

agree bud i got stranded as a kid my dad had me on his shoulders coming back not nice feeling
    thats why we stick to safe marks not a nipper anymore
    please if you go on scars take a buddy and phone

• Like Like x 1
  8. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

understood :) thanks for the heads up, isn't that where nelson kirk had a heart attack?

• Like Like x 1
  9. basha

basha Blenny

yes it was bud,east scar i think.
    ive known some top lads who know thoughs scars well and been caught out.best advice i can give is follow the tide down and fish an hour after low and head back.im not as brave as i once was,had a close shave once before on the brigg through freek rouge waves,scarey stuff and a bad experiance walking round huntcliff to the stonnes.

10. jc

its only a fish so always dont be a risk taker how many washed off gare too many

11. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

You can fish it 2 hrs down and 2 hrs back up depending on height of tide. And, yes that is where Nelson had a heart attack and they did think at one point they wouldn't get him back in. A real gent.