1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redcar beach tonight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Sep 19, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

me and mate had a dabble down stray using fresh dug lug from same area
    thought we might get something now the sea has flattened
    not prolific i blanked missed a good bite
    mate had a bass and a plaice
    beats watching telly and the boro won

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Did you fish the grounds area?

Nice to have early report from beach.

Next weeks forecast rough up should be productive, rock edges should be

Productive for mops.

Recent returns from Marys match shows inside cod about.

Might be time to venture out.

3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Should be grounds area.

4. basha

basha Blenny

good to see you fishing on your doorstep john,very rarely do we see anyone fishing along the stray these days.
    the last few times ive fished it,it certainely wasnt prolific dnt mind it come winter you can have some grt whiting nights just up from the first groin.had a few silvers going back a few yrs ago,but tend to fish for flatties now at coatham.

5. jc

fished to left of stray cafe will certainly give it another go
    but gonna pay a visit at low to see the area better

6. basha

basha Blenny

prefer further up to marske past last groin.generaly get there for low and fish it up and walk backover towards stray till i hit fish.seen me get bugger all,move 25yds and get the silvers.generally only ever fish second breaker but find my light bass rod,ounce to 2oz lead,peeler or rag rolled about does best apart from lures of course.you deffo got to roam along there for consistancy.statics fine if you want to sit and wait for something to swim past or flattie bashin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jc

yes we well did gare pm today one maccy for me
    couple of guys fishing sea side near slip nothing doing
    when i left

8. basha

basha Blenny

just shows how a few hours can change things,its been fishing well on the bait for scraps.
    hoping my plans dnt go pear shaped,got my son in hospital at mo,nothing serious and may be home today with a bitt of luck,have to wait n see what develops,may even be a quick dash to sandsend or whitby east instead of getting down to one of the low water marks.wnt be untill tomoz now mind.