1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Letter Day Uptiding - Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

The day was already reported on by our local reverend Mark Ladds, on this topic, a great write up but id like to add a bit more to it, including some more photos,

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35188.0

It was pitch black when we set off through the pier ends, with the tides being as they were i decided on a mark around 5 mins steam to start with, it was a good call within minutes of settling into anchor the codlings were coming in steadily, not many big ones but plenty in the 35-45cm range, with a few better ones thrown in for good measure.

there must of been a few fish down there as we got a double hook up on a pennel rig for Rich from leeds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

His mate Tim getting a nice one too
    [​IMG]

Mistress regular Peter (scrubbs from forum) finds a better one
    [​IMG]

As the action slowed due to the tide easing we had a move, although we stopped at a few places waiting for the tide, taking only a few each stop until i could see the tide begining to push again.

I called lines up and we moved to one of my favourite little spots I like to fish at the begining of the tide, it was a good call, as soon as the boat settled the rods started bouncing away and cod were coming in thick and fast.

Dennis got a better one between a steady stream of mops,
    [​IMG]

There must of been a few here too as Tim got another double shot of codlings on his pennel rig
    [​IMG]

Tim then got a bit better one
    [​IMG]

It was good to see everyone doing their thing for conservation too with most fish under 40cm thrown back. at the final count up we had the best part of 60 cod onboard with a similar amount thrown back, the signs are great for the coming months with us taking such a haul so early on in the season.

The lads at the end of the day with a few of their fish
    [​IMG]

The uptiding should remain to be good now, so if your interested in a trip drop me a line on 07977 436 903

I will sail with a minimum of 2-3 with deals available

Tight lines

Rich

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Glad your catching rich. Well done scrubs see u soon mate

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Was Peter using that rancid squid again. Lol

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

ha ha ha i dont recall what he was using simon, he must of kept it well under wraps! the lads who did the best were the caring for life boys, they fished well all day on worm and squid, they followed everything i showed them to the book.

5. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No Simon I was using fresh lug and unwashed squid(yellow box not blue)I am at work at the moment trying to wriggle out of doing a four week trip so I get a bash at the festival.