1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations on shore pier and rock tackle

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by lurcher k981, Aug 1, 2017.

1. lurcher k981

lurcher k981 New Member

hi guys i normally do a lot of boat fishing but i am looking into doing some beech/pier fishing as i visit places up and down the coast quite a lot and cant always get out on a boat but always fancy a chuck in the sea lol

so if an 1 can give me any advice on any of the below points i would be very great-full

1. looking for a decent rod and reel set up for beech fishing nothing to expensive as im not sure yet how much i would use it but i dont want cheep rubbish either and easy to cast a good distance

2. rod and reel set up for pier/wall fishing etc again as above not to expensive but not rubbish

3. is there a rod and reel set up that would do for both

4. any decent places to try up and down the coast say from hull to Whitley bay for beech pier or rock fishing and type of species to be caught there

i know everybody will have there own opinions but everybody's advice is welcome i am also looking threw the forum at older posts but as you will all know things change quite often so i thought it best to post a new post for new advice thanks to any 1 who reply's and if you have any other information you think might come in handy please let me know

2. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

personally would go fixed spool something like penn cant go wrong
    for beach i have a 14 foot rod pier 12 foot
    look at glasgow angling clearance always some good buys or look at second hand then you can up the quality for smaller outlay
    im an old fart really so look for the easier marks south gare
    saltburn pier hartlepool piers
    sandsend car park or upgang at whitby
    all sorts to fish for bass cod whiting flatties mackeral now

3. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you want a multiplier then i would go for a penn 525gs. Fixed spool i have little knowledge of.
    Rod wise just find something secondhand ? i saw a conoflex dc8 other day going for £40, maybe old hat stuff but wont let you down.
    On the other side of the coin, if you like it and decide to upgrade then that older gear will sell with little question and loss.
    As for fixed spool, i aint used one for quite a few years, i did go back recently to try it - and hated it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1