1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers 50 Cod Challenge 2014 - Starts Sep 1st 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Well what a poor weekend I've had but I'm off the mark, Filey match Saturday I had five size codling but only two for the match (Filey cod size is 36cm). All the best fishing came from the other end of marine drive. So today I went against my plan to fish the coffee pot and went the other end. Kicking myself as good fish came of pot , but I had hectic action to start with South end of drive catching eight size codling but only four of them for the match,I lost two much better during this action but the pot ropes saw them off. bloody mops that are just 36cm are no good as the shrink in the bag. Just before the end of the match I had one more codling around the 39cm mark.
    Looks like a mop job for me again this year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also had a hell of a lot under maff legal size limit. So it's another year where the cod have breeded well and looks dood for the future.

September 14
    Hsf. 2.4 lb

2. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well, it was only a matter of time.
    :)
    Well done.

3. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Aye well done paul.

1for me tonite

Sept total 1

Running total 1!!!!

4. Lobbers

Five foot of swell tomorrow night so might put me in a better stance. Here Coddy Coddy Coddy.

5. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I'm off the mark after catching wrass and undersize codling today I stayed for a couple of hours and got a size fish so 1 down 49 to go

6. lipslicker

Buddy, mops are counting.
    Good job, or I would be on 3!
    :)
    Lot of mops about.

7. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Managed a couple of hours on the drive today, horrible sea, would have preferred it rougher or flat, didn't fetch any bait as me n the mrs are having a cheeky few days without the kids, so i pumped a few fresh lug this morning and fished 1.30-4 this afternoon, i managed a couple of mops, 1 under the other a nice 2lb red mop, should have had another but lost it on a pot. There are stacks of pots on the drive atm, can't ever remember seeing so many.

September total 1

8. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Can't believe that we are letting Lobbers join the competition again. How about making him fish manky squid and blunt hooks to give someone else in the NE a chance of beating him. ;D

Sept 25th - Done says Lobbers ::)

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Well if we're counting undersize fish I'm on.4 abother 2 tonight

10. Lobbers

Three more tonight for tally fished Whitby west in Filey match one 35cm one 42 one 37cm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sept 17
    Hsf 2lb 6oz

11. ash-ov-boro

ash-ov-boro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

2 for me tonight from whitby west just sized both around 35-36cm both went back safe n sound :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice to see you down there lobbers

12. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Them 2 mops last nite paul would ave won you £30 very poor weighin after all that fish at the weekend.
    All the weed fish are getting cleaned out.

13. lipslicker

Just over the 2.5lb mark, from Horseback kelp. One only.
    Hopefully I can get a few out tonight though.

TOTAL - 8
    HSF - 2.5lb+

Attached Files:

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A fine cod and a flock of Robins. Top fishing.

15. big cod on

big cod on Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

one cod from sandsend this morning on cart&crab 3.25 lb

16. Lobbers

Still no decent fish for me in tonight's filey match. Just a small pollack and a coley to weigh but had one codling 35cm so another for the fifty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sept 18

ONE POUND FISH!!!!!!

17. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

2 more mops for me tonight in the filey.match from whitby east so that puts me on 6 now

18. lipslicker

Fished the Brigg on the low, arriving as the Filey lads were packing up. Wanted to do Crab Hole, hoping to get a few in, but swell was heavier than it looked, so decided against.
    Fished Green and Ling rocks. Frustrating. Lots of crabs and just the one 1lb'er to show for it. Grrrrrrr!

TOTAL - 9

Touch wood, swell will have dropped enough to have a crack at Crab daytime?

19. Lobbers

I think I was talking to you walking on

20. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fished Monday night and tuesday night with me pal micky....Monday fished port dock 1 mop for me 1 1/2lb off the mark 49 to go and me mate pulled in 5 his average 2lb...last night fished cowbar 2 small ling for me and a nice juicy 5lb for mick will try and load some pics up batterys died Shit Samsung phones love chucking lead out me [​IMG] [​IMG]