1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers 50 Cod Challenge 2014 - Starts Sep 1st 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished rhb in my club match for one codling tonight, any more of these one fish sessions and im selling up! ha

September Total = 2
    October Total = 15
    November Total = 22
    Total = 39
    heaviest fish - 4lb 13oz

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

3 more wednesday night .

Oct-Nov total 25.

paul.

3. nicky

nicky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Another 6 in my club match last night from whitley beach

Total 68

[​IMG]

4. nicky

Had another 10 out tonight 7 in the bedlighton night open but fished on for the other 3

Total 78

[​IMG]

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

So do you like cod fishing then Nicky?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

By 'eckers like!
    Lobbers rattled?!
    ::)

7. nicky

8. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Managed 2 trips in November with differing results. Fished Cloughton early on in November, managed 9 altogether, all size with biggest around 2.5lb, fished it from LW up and back down to mid ebb, was an enjoyable day however fish came in 3 windows, 1st hour of flood 'spider hole', mid flood and mid ebb 'big rock'. 2nd trip was Thursday last week, went to Castle Chambers in morning managed 2 mops and lost a very good fish, then headed for drive, was pants, then went up Bemmo for last 3 hrs of ebb, again pants, 1 micro mop plus half a dozen coalies. Hopeful of a few more trips this month as work slows up.

Sept 1
    Oct 16
    Nov 11

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

2 sessions, one friday night at skinny jetty and one saturday night at cowbar. 1 fish on both sessions around 3lb each.

squid, fresh and frozen worm and cart.

september total- 1
    october total- 9
    november total-7

total- 17

10. nicky

had a run up to Howick tonight and managed to find the better stamp of fish I managed 4 out for about 22lb kept these 3 best 9lb 11oz

Total 82

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished hawsker in my club match tonight, it was hard going, i moved to places i didnt know and managed just one more cod weighing in at 3lb 8oz in the last hour! on crab. cassy got a nice double tonight just shy of 12lb, nice to see a double a scales!

September Total = 2
    October Total = 15
    November Total = 23
    Total = 40
    heaviest fish - 4lb 13oz

12. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

10 Saturday night dropped a couple only fished just under 3 hours

Best around 5- 6lb didnt weigh the biggist total bag weight was 33lb

[​IMG]

2 Sunday night

Total 37

Cheers paul

13. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished yorkshire 4s second round tonight i got 3 for my tally, unfortunately i lost my part of the match, but the other 3 lads pulled it out the bag for us, so through to semis now. we all fished various parts of runswick tonight, i caught my fish on a cocktail of crab, worm and mussel

September Total = 2
    October Total = 15
    November Total = 23
    December Total = 3
    Total = 43
    heaviest fish - 4lb 13oz

14. stray

stray Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I wondered why 2 blokes plonked down 10 yards from me and started fishing, without even a by your leave, on an almost empty beach. It's akin to standing right next to a stranger in an almost empty Urinal..... you just don't do it.
    One came over and started quizzing me, if he wondered why I was only giving monosyllabic answers, if he reads this, he'll know.

I know match anglers are pretty thick skinned, but surely a polite word and explanation would have been appropriate. You never know, I might have said that I didn't mind.

15. smokey

smokey Rockling

Do you own the beach? With an attitude like that no wonder you were fishing alone.

And seriously, do you think people need to ask you to fish next to you?

16. stray

stray Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No, I don't and yes I do, it's called good manners, something which a lot of people appear not to possess.

17. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

no disrespect but most match anglers have a plan for the evening before they even leave the house, it may have just been coincidence you were where they planned to fish, If it was me i do appologise if you thought i was rude, i only spoke to a couple of lads at the lifeboat station jetty, but those who know me know im far from rude and always have time for anyone

18. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hard going last night but we managed a few between us fished sandend cliff met up with a few forum members .....fish caught on squid peeler hermit
    One for bang on 4lb and 1.5lb Sept total 2
    October total 6
    Nov total 5
    Dec so far 2,
    Total 15
    .[​IMG]

19. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

We fished south batts and saltwick tonight, really hard going, i managed two more cod, on what ended up a very poor weigh in at the club. the water had cleared out over night and flattened off to nothing. got them both on cocktails of crab/worm/mussel

on a brighter note Mick bowman and myself managed to win our doubles knockout comp this season, so looks like i'll be having to go the presentation next april!

September Total = 2
    October Total = 15
    November Total = 23
    December Total = 5
    Total = 45
    heaviest fish - 4lb 13oz

20. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It was me and my mate you spoke to at the jetty I think Rich. Definitely not ignorant. Asked how we were getting on, what bait we were using an advised us to use crab. Told us you had caught three, which gave us some hope.... but still blanked ha