1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers 50 Cod Challenge 2014 - Starts Sep 1st 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One more on Wednesday night from boulby bang on 4lb
    [​IMG]

Sept = 2
    Oct = 5
    Total = 7
    Hfs = 4lb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

two more last night from goldsborough in my club match. kept hanging fish up and losing them! still got a weigh in!

october total = 11
    total = 13

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Went to scabby to pick a couple of hundred leads from coso's so I took my rod and had a few hours ont drive. Fishing was slow. Bang on high I hooked then subsequently lost what felt a real goodun I soldiered on and managed a two pounder before I got sick

55 codling so far
    [​IMG]

4. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

55 codling,since when lobbers...

5. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Dropped on to High Nab just as the Filey match was coming to a close, so the lad I joined very kindly gave me his last couple of peelers. Thanks.
    Fished the high without a bite of note, then got hit hard at 8, 2 hours after low.
    Pulled in a nice 4 plus lb'er.
    Cart.
    Fished another hour, but no more. So just the one.

Total 12
    HSF 4.5lb

Attached Files:

6. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

We fished a new venue tonight in out club match, we opted for hayburn wyke, and it payed off for us, we both caugh fish and got a weigh in. i caught one and lawsy 2, we got fish over the top of the tide and then they came on again as we got down a bit just as it was time to leave! will be definately back down there again it just had that fishy feel to it!

october total = 12
    total = 14

7. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Rich,
    Yes, I have never fished there either, but been meaning to of late. Meant to try for bass, but never got round.
    Is it Scaurs there, or boulders, like Cloughton?
    So many marks, so little time!

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

its lots of boulders all over some small some big, its a spot id like to fish more

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Last night saw me return to the highlinght. the conditions far from ideal, but with a bit of roll on and plenty of colour inside. I managed 3 with the best just over 3lb, giving me my best bag of the season at 6lb 11oz. crab was the choice bait. im starting to get used to my new rod so hopefully i should start rattling a few more out in the coming matches!

october total = 15
    total = 17

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

3 for me last night total now 6 threw 2 back undersized

Oct 6

Paul

11. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Managed 3 trips to coast in October, did Flamborough /Bemmo as soon as it opened and managed 3 from flamborough and 9 from Bemmo, all mops, nothing above 1.5lb. Next was a trip to Holbeck, only stayed 4 hrs, no bites and a ridiculous ebb. Finally went last week, did last 2.5 hrs of flood at cloughton, result 2 mops and 2 massive slugs, moved to corner of drive for ebb, 2 fish in no time then the wind became too much, ad planned to stay for low but was knackered.

Sept total 1
    Oct total 16
    So far nothing above 1.5lb, roll on November

12. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

2 more in last 2 trips. Biggest about 3lbs in club match. We need some seas to bring them in properly!
    Sept total:5
    Oct total 2
    Nov total: 1
    Total 8

13. nicky

nicky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I managed 3 more in this mornings CMR match on the Tyne

Nov 3

Overall 51

14. bow1

bow1 Rockling

one for me from tyne last week.

total now 7

15. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

not started till late october so had i from near twin steps hartlepool, 1 from sandsend cliffs and 4 from cowbar cliffs
    so far then i have had 6 ,

oct 6
    nov 0

16. bow1

bow1 Rockling

well 3 for me this afty 2 size mops and my season best at 4.5lb fished noses point seaham.
    vigun took as I grabbed rod to pack up!!
    all on crab/mussel
    off to sort kids now and try get brownie points forr low tonite.

total now 10

hsf 4.5lb

17. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Sunday Night club match, the conditions were far from perfect, flat calm, little swell, tiny tides I could have returned to highlight but decided on hawsker instead with the hope of nailing a couple of resident fish, id seen a bit of se swell through the week which had coloured the water slightly down that end.

From the off i was getting bites but they were proving hard to nail. i managed two including the heaviest fish of the match at 4lb 1oz, also my biggest of the season so far, all fish fell to crab baits, was an enjoyable night,

I took one of my regular anglers mark with me, hes asked a few times if i would take if he was over and seeing as he was staying i took him, he got a few rocklings and got smashed by a what we would say was a cod on cart bait.

September Total = 2
    October Total = 15
    November Total = 2
    Total = 19

18. bow1

bow1 Rockling

2more in a quick k session last of ebb at the folly,hartlepool.

total now 12

hsf 4.5lb

19. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fished tonight down my old favourite port dock.... 3 fish for me 2 cod 1 rockling biggest 3.8lb smallest 2.7lb
    Sept total 2
    October total 6
    Nov so far 2
    10 total for me caught on fresh mussel and squid
    [​IMG]

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

West not at it's best tonight. Heavy weed and only managed two mops
    57 codlings so far