1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Whitby Sea Anglers 50 Cod Challenge 2014 - Starts Sep 1st 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Aug 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quite simple, the challenge is to catch fifty cod from the shore between 1st Septemebr and the end of December. No size limits just remember to return all undersized fish.

Report your catch here with as many pictures as possible. Please make life easy for me by stating at the start of your post How many fish you caught and if you have any big fish to register for heaviest of the month.

Best of luck to you all.

Sponsors Of The 50 Cod Challenge

Paul Kilpatrick And Sea Otter 2 - Click For Info
    Rich Cope And Mistress

2014 Catches To Date

Lawsey - 30
    Lobbers - 30
    Steve - 17
    Nicky - 14
    Lipslicker - 8
    Limpet - 7
    The Ace - 7
    Hilsey - 5
    Bow 1 - 3
    Rich Cope -2
    Mark Gelder - 1
    Craig T - 1

Notable Achievements

1st Angler To Catch In 2014 - Craig T

Related Reading

The 2013 Fifty Cod Challenge
    The Best Catches Of 2013 By Our Forum Members
    Whitby Fishing Club
    Winter Cod Fishing
    Cod Fishing 101
    Shore Fishing For Cod - The Best Baits
    Big Cod - Where ? When ? And How ??
    More Winter Cod Fishing
    Early Season Venues
    Fifty Cod Challenge 2012
    All 50 Cod Challenges
    Forum Topics About Cod
    Open Matches
    Cart
    Lots More Useful Links Here

2. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm not surprised you have started it then. The cod seem to be showing up at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If I managed to sneak a rod onto my rig would I be able to enter ??? ;-)

4. bow1

bow1 Rockling

And so it begins.......shame I cant get out this week.!!!

Good luck lads ,have a stprming season and remember...stay safe.

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

wahoo we're on it! may well be sneaking out tonight . . .

6. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well finally on sat just gone fished 3 marks from 6.00p.m till 5.00 a.m boy have I missed it ...Conditions weren't perfect but just glad to get out with my 2 pals good crack and my first mop of the season of the mark straight away get in....Nothing to shout about weighed about 3/4 lb put back safely plus a small ling ....Best catch of the night was a seagull I ended up reeling in I was spitting feathers ...No photos battery died

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

I was gonna try beat last year 12 days to hit the fifty but hey oh here we go it's a month early this year. Mind you I can do my own thing as in see what I catch from the 1st of October I suppose. Only counting size cod as my own personal preference and I have a sack full if frozen green and can't wait to hammer it hash tag flippin love it
    Festivals start next Saturday so should start putting a few on the tally. Might even have a chuck during the week but it will only be with old frozen. Can't afford to use what little fresh crab I have. Need them for next Sunday.

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Fished last night at drive, i landed two on crab baits. one was only a mop the other around 3lb. lawsy managed two pollock, biggest abour 5lb. the water is like gin inside.

september total = 2
    total = 2
    bigggest = 3lb

good luck everyone, i will uplaod a picture when i sort the tapatalk out!

9. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fished Sandsend last night and had one undersized mop on frozen crab I'm counting undersized because I might not catch out else

September total= 1
    Total = 1
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Always look forward to this every year, probably more so this year as ive only managed the one summer trip so far, will hopefully kick off with a few this weekend................

11. wilky

wilky Blenny

Lobbers finished it yet?

12. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not that I have got a chance in Hell of winning, and probably not even placed, but i am logging in 4.
    Fished low off green rock, on Brigg.
    One 2.5, one 1.5 and two mops.
    Better than nowt, I guess.
    A nice session.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

14. nicky

nicky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had a short session tonight had 3 out only the one size
    [​IMG]

15. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Look forward to this again this year. Managed 42 last year (just short). Currently been working in Glasgow since jan but have a job interview in Newcastle Friday, 3 miles from home, Cullercoats nowadays. Fingers crossed, just in time for the cod season :)

16. limpet

limpet Blenny

had two short sessions today, pretty slow only finding 1 sizer to open my account

sept total=1
    overall= 1
    [​IMG]

17. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

This is great lads! Love seeing the cod pics again....

18. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Keeping myself in the game with another three off Brigg on this evenings low. 2 mops and 1 2lb'er.

TOTAL 7

19. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Had 3 today in the filey match, 2 were just undersize though. Was my first session this season.
    Sept total: 3

20. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

1 Today - Fished Moelfre Anglesey Friday 5th Sept I usually fish here at high but the tide times didn't allow this today so we went anyway and I'm pleased we did, Sea was like a millpond sun was blazing! - fishing 3 hrs down all we had was a load of Dogfish :mad: and a Wrasse one of the guys decided to head off to the straits to find some action (turns out all he caught was weed.. Unlucky Jim!) but John & I thought we'd see what happened on the flood, less than an hour after low John landed a nice little codling around 1lb that went back then I had a nice 2 lber not long after John had it's twin landed, later John had another 1lber to follow so all in all we had a great days fishing and as we don't get many codling caught over this side I think we did OK!
    I'm sure we'd of bagged more if we hadn't run out of bait :-[

Tex

Attached Files: