1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: The Grapevine, All The Latest Gossip And Rumour

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ill start us off, Just a few things I have heard in the past few weeks. None necessarily true :

1. No fish at all for anyone fishing at Hawsker in the Whitby Open.
    2. Big bags from Boulby and Hummersea in Whitby matches
    3. Boulby fishing its nuts off.
    4. Robin hoods bay Landing scar throwing the odd good bag
    5. Middle way and maw wyke fishing well
    6. In a major shock horror story, Members of Whitby club have noticed all Lawseys fish to be covered in sand (Could he be fishing Whitby beach, or has Ben followed my old trick of always carrying a bucket of sand in the car boot to sprinkle on your fish prior to the weigh in to disguise the fact your still fishing rocks).
    7. Bigger fish are now taking cart.
    8. Whitby club members unhappy with individuals fishing for whiting in matches after a member wins match with bag of whiting.
    9. Boggle hole fishing poor.
    10. 28lb bag from Sandsend cliffs in Whitby match
    11. 28lb bag from Goldsborough in Whitby Match
    12. Goldsborough little tunnel area fishing well.
    13. Rods and Reels to become Thai Restaurant and massage parlour - Story confirmed by Chief Masseur Dan The Pollack..
    14. Fresh prawns catching mops
    15. Goldsborough Fished Well in the Whitby Open
    16. Andy Crowe ditches his long rod, but still using braid.
    17. Bottom of goat track producing on light seas.
    18. Holderness washout been and gone.
    19. Hayburn wyke doing the business.
    20. 40lb bag from bayness end.
    21. Saltwick hole producing bags.
    22. Bass on bait between rabbit holes and top of world.
    23. Fresh lug kicking ass

2. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Heard a rumour at the weekend about an estimated 30lb'er caught and lost around saltwick/hawsker area????????????

3. Baramundi Bob

Dont think it was quite that big. Mikefish is the person to ask.

4. stevennewsam

stevennewsam New Member

I heard skinny jettie has been landing some nice bags of fish but not seen any report

5. Baramundi Bob

6. Baramundi Bob

* Big fish off Salwick on Longlines
    * Trawlers have bumper week but high grade a lot of mops for larger more valuable fish. What a shame this practice still continues legally.
    * Two double figure cod from Holbeck by same angler on the same night, makes Holbeck very popular, but its too late for the fish followers who finally realise the fish are gone and they are wasting their time.

7. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

high bob fished the grove last night up to high water about 8 fishing the pump house not even one fish most left about 2 i was fishing the gap had nothing their was 4 lads still fishing when i left : :sick:

8. Baramundi Bob

Massive fish lost off Rabbit Holes Last Week (I saw this one myself).

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

True fact.

I have given up cod fishing.

10. woody

woody New Member

beach, or has Ben followed my old trick of always carrying a bucket of sand in the car boot to sprinkle on your fish prior to the weigh in to disguise the fact your still fishing rocks).
    ha ha ha very good , i know there were no fish due to no colour down saltwick hole yesterday !!!

11. Groyne

Groyne Guest

They were trawling just at the back of the bouy at Whitby on Thursday night.

12. woody

woody New Member

get away dukster come with me one night and i will make you feel like a pro ha ha

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Sold up woody. Main reason blew my knee out again and don't want to be down any mark. And my,knee going.
    Also family problems, so no time. But going to hammer the bass. He says. Lol.

14. woody

woody New Member

i heard a rumor that a duo of 20s came form hawsker area by the netters ?

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

I dont really think boulby is fishing its head off glen , seems to be very sporadic . , I was down there yesterday i managed to get one mop out around 1.5lb and that was it ,I know there was the odd fish but defo not fishing its head off like. infact it was very poor yesterday backed up by disco saying the same thing to me ....Do you know what was weighed in from there yesterday ? didnt the winner in meddy come from down there
    ?

16. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I know it's a bit further down the coast but the Withernsea coast wasn't producing anything but awful amounts of weed over the weekend and rain. Not a fun place to be saturday at all...

17. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

boulby fishing it's nuts off ? 3 top cod anglers didn't get a bite there yesterday

18. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

south gare has declared itself a marine conservation zone :laugh: cos theres never any fish there :sad:

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

Who else was down there dave ?
    i fished until i was getting pushed towards the rope then left for the cliffes as i didnt fancy being pushed under the rope with everyone else top of the tide i reckon it would of been a nightmare ...

20. andy c

andy c New Member

hi guys fished open down boulby had one fish and lost one .the winning bag and third were mostly caught later on in the match well done paul and steve .. doesnt fish like it used to. :no:! could be worth a try at night on the right sea and tide .... tight lines everyone andy c