1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Spawney Re: your anchor system

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MidlandYakker, Sep 10, 2009.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Dave,

I've read your info on rigging a kayak and found it very useful. One quick question, I noted your line is 60m long, do you pay all this out every time?

Just wondering as I know you have attached a buoy, you must have to, to keep the buoy near the kayak.

Is this correct?

Ian

2. newdave

newdave Guest

yes thats the way I do it Neil, you would be limited to about 60ft depth with that set up, but I have never needed to anchor any deeper of our coast, if its only 20ft i just let it all out anyway which means you have very little chance of tripping the anchor. I put the bouy about 5m from the yak, and use a gibbs type quick release clip to secure it so any problem or you want to go & help your mate without lifting the anchor, a quick pull & you are free.

there are a few other ways to do this but this is my set up which i am confident with, I keep tweaking but really the simpler the better :yes:

3. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Cheers for that, It looked like the only way to do it.

Otherwise I suppose you have lots of line on your kayak and it would be difficult to escape quickly if needed.

I've used a 'Camcleat' to hold the line, so one quick flick and your free. It's all ready to go now and will try soon. Thanks for your help.

P.S It's Ian not Neil... :laugh: