1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting Heads Together leads to Sharking fireworks

Discussion in 'All Time Best Topics' started by rupert, Aug 10, 2013.

1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

an excellent report from start to finish ranging from attaching the hook with the haywire twist then it makes you feel as if you are actually there to see the release of a magnificent specimen....

reports like this are the making of forums and Rupert your reports are always well written and an easy read, and by easy i mean you dont have to decipher all the info and work it out....
    your way of writing sums the situation up in a precise and informative manner, and when broken up with the right pictures it keeps you interested all the way to the end..

i bet it was a great day to be on your boat.. good company and great fishing...
    thanks for taking the time to write it up and i look forward to reading more of your exploits afloat....
    cheers
    Paul

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Another stunning and informative post Rupert accompanied with some excellent photos, i cannot imagine they are the easiest of creatures to photograph. Do you have many more trips planned for this year?

Ken

3. rupert

rupert Blenny

Cheers Ken

Weather permitting, I'd like to have another crack.

There again, I haven't had a bass or tope yet this year.

Decisions, decisions!!

Cheers, Rupert

4. congerball

congerball Blenny

Another great report Rupert. Fantastic fishing. I can only echo what others have previously said...a first class write up. Who needs angling magazines when the best reports/advice is on this forum.

5. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

absolutely amazing report......excellent :yes: ........thanks

6. rupert

rupert Blenny

Hi Dav

There are one or two other species that might just be taken on the same tactics I use. To be honest though, the other big shark species are such a rarity in the North Sea, that I think the chances of tangling with them are incredibly remote. But as they say, you can never say never!

Blue shark are very frequent captures in the South West, Welsh coast and Ireland. This is the first one I’ve heard of in these parts. Normally blue shark are an offshore species, so I can only assume this one had something seriously wrong with it. Probably hypothermia!

http://yorkshirecoastmaritimearchive.co.uk/?cat=18

Thresher Shark – This one was caught in salmon nets in Filey and was very much alive in the net, but was killed and sold.

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=58111

Tope – I’ve seen 2 caught whilst sharking, but I have heard of others. You normally assume tope are bottom feeders, but the last one caught on one of my trips took a float fished bait set at 20 metres in 75 metres depth of water. These offshore tope have markedly different colouration to the tope caught inshore around Bridlington/Hornsea.

Bluefin Tuna – I can but dream!! I’d like to think with the gear I use, if this miracle ever happened, I’d have half a chance too with one of these amazing fish!

Cheers, Rupert

P.S. Another short video from our day, showing the end of the scrap here-

http://vimeo.com/72148246

7. cps

cps Rockling

and so would I, bass tried many times in ideal condition's where 6 years a go 20 or 30 would have been the norm and caught 1 or 2 I think fishing pressure be it anglers or the pros has taken its toll on our bass round the flambro area

8. andym

andym Rockling

Excellent report and pics yet again Rupert SUPERB!

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

That's absolutely incredible fishing. Very well done superb reading and report.

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Superb report Rupert and thanks so much for sharing your sharking experiences with us all your a great asset to this forum, and fish like that should be on here for all to see, not hidden away with the secret brigade so top marks once again for sharing...

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well said Mr Watson

12. marinews

marinews Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hey really your post is nice and useful for me .....