1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prawns Prawns Prawns - Where to buy bloody Parawns ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 12, 2013.

1. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I did ask this question a few year's ago.... :-\

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9011.msg78163#msg78163

2. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

I once read a story a few years back - can't remember where I read it either.
    It was about a bloke who was beach fishing somewhere up North East. He was off his face on drugs and was cutting lumps of flesh off his face and using it as bait.
    Does anyone else remember that story?

I guess he couldn't even get hold of any prawns as a last resort. :eek: LOL

BP

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive seen people use them and catch. Would I use them on there own week in week out. Never. But Ive got a certain something in mind.

4. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

Il never forget a couple of years ago fishing a club night on rabbit holes there was a old guy up there when i got there , he just had raw prawns as bait , he ended up with 6 nice fish up to about 3 lb and i only managed a couple of fish that night on worm and crab bait granted the ones i got where of a better stamp but he was getting loads more bites then anyone else up there that night

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Mike Clydesdale did the same to me up there and Ive also seen them used well on the east pier.

6. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

When I lived down in London, I planned a weekend up on the Brigg and came armed with soft shell crabs bought from a Chinese supermarket at some expense.
    Never even had a bite!
    Might try the odd prawn if desperate though.
    :)

7. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, a few years ago myself and wife use to use prawns with some good results of coddling.
    For some reason I've stopped using them.

I can remember one nite down port were there was a few lads fishing, we were all using crab, and it was crap, then I just fort I will try a prawn on its own, had 4 casts 4cod, only one to catch that nite.

The thing with the good anglers taken the mick, about prawns etc is because some of them are crab crab crab, cos that's what there use to most of the time,

I myself have gone a little crab crazy over the last few years, and have had a few blanks as I haven't taken alternative baits

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Uncooked King prawns On special offer in ASDA Glenn ;)

9. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

inshore fisheries sell alot of raw prawns.

i was thinking, i wonder if raw langostines make a good cod bait? i reckon not many people have tried?

10. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

By pure fluke I stumbled across this vid on youtube, so no that uncommon it seems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ4-LYBccc4

11. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Slightly off topic, only just though, I have tried peeler lobsters and paps in the past and have caught cod on them but nowhere near as good as crab peelers.

12. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

What are your thoughts on soaking them in cart in the fridge for 24 hours?
    I guess if they were punctured a few times with a baiting needle then the liquid would soak inside and then release slowly when fished.
    You could soak them and then freeze them for later use.
    Are we thinking along the same lines?

My mate once did this using concentrated peeler crab oil to soak his squid.
    I didn't try it because the smell of the oil was so powerful it made me feel physically unwell.

BP

13. richardfoleher

richardfoleher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was going to ask about prawns. Last week a guy was using cooked peeled prawn, (the kind you get in farm foods) left to thaw overnight so they were swimming in their own juice, another guy had raw prawn, hooked and tied.

Both had good results.

I think tomorrow I will take a mix of both to see which is better. Both the fish (yeah I know only two...) were both caught on cooked whole prawn (head ripped off) although lots of nibbles until it was a small piece left, that's when I hooked my two.

14. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Like the sound of them prawns marinated in cart idea. Off to give it a go

15. bucko

bucko New Member

A blatant plot to drive down demand and price on peelers ;)

16. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

What about live shrimps and prawns? have you chucked a prawn trap down the harbour wall or pushed a net on the beach,. We get some good sized prawns and good sized shrimps down here and in the humber. Would that fit in with ideas you have afoot Glenn. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

18. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got to agree with jellyworm there,it's not just hounds that eat shrimp/prawn my m8 uses fresh worm tipped with live shrimp/prawn to really good effect in the winter,he reg weighs in with cod in the local club matches & sometimes theres only him returning to the scales :eek:
    just food for thought lads.

19. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

If anyone wants some shrimps I'll help you out and get some in exchange for some useless crab , straight swap 1 for 1 ;) ;) ;)