1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. Mike Clydesdale

Mike Clydesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Has anyone had any success for cod when using prawns ?; the sort you can buy in Tesco's. They usually go on the hook well with runnydown or lugworm.

2. IanB

IanB Blenny

Not Cod but i have caught Pollack from the shore on them :yes:

3. makaman

makaman Guest

ihave mine with sea food sauce mm

4. dezzy

dezzy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

my mate got a nice cod on uncooked prawns from the shore last year. ive tried them since with no success.

5. Churchill

Churchill Double figures all the way!!!!!

Yes I did really well on prawns with some smoked haddock and cod in a fish pie!!!!!

6. dazktm

dazktm Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hi mate,i got a cod from hornsea north end last month,full of prawns,,,,not sure if they were from tesco's mind :yes:

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Stick them in with some sweet chilli sauce, eat them then buy some of the magic cart from this forum.

Don't mix them up though. :crazy:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

On a more sereious comment :whistle: i remember Glen reporting that a (angler) did catch 2 or 3 fish one night from sands end cliffs with the same bait you mention, :yes:

9. robq

robq Rockling

I have caught cod and whiting on them from the beaches :yes:

10. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Last year I used uncooked prawns when boat fishing at Seahouses, bagged up when others werent catching very much.. so yes, plus I have had Codling , Whiting and Bass from the beaches / rocks using the same bait.
    I always carry a packet when fishing the beaches , useful for cocktailing with Lug or Mussel.

Roger

11. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo ,iv use fresh tiger prawns from the shore with sucsess in the past, i remember one nite down port wen i had 4 coddling that all went for the pawns and the lads with crab blanked, mind you that was a few years ago and i havnt tryed them this season yet.

12. merman

merman Blenny

I landed a codling that coughed a prawn up so I stuck it on the hook and cast back out. Two minutes later I landed a 5 pound codling so yes they do work mate

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

I think professor tench used to use them with good results .... :laugh: :laugh:

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have caught quite a few nice cod on shrimps I had netted from my local shore , I used to mount them on a bait pin , runswick bay
    beach was a good place to use them , Ive also had them on sandeels as well , it was a bait that fished better as the weather hardened
    along with cockles and clams

15. Churchill

I did really well on crab sticks last year!

16. Churchill

I tried cockles and mussels but the vinegar kept stinging the cuts in my fingers!! :hurt:

17. robq

robq Rockling

Nowt wrong with a bit of humour and a laugh !!

But do you ever have anything serious or interesting to add to a thread :crazy: :crazy:

18. Churchill

I was been serious I had to buy a pair off marigolds to bait up with!!!!

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Do you know , I never realised Marigolds were good as bait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

he is serious, 15 years ago he turned up with a seafood selection pack and caught coddies :yes: but there was no vinegar on it :no: i think it was the unshelled praws, but he said it was on the fake fish flake :crazy: