1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powering a Garmin 300c fishfinder - What Bettery ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by grasueuk, Apr 27, 2009.

1. grasueuk

grasueuk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi gang, I'm new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance....(I am Cornish!!!)
    My question is... I've just purchased a Garmin 300c F/F for my Perception Kayak. How do you power it - what I mean is what type of power output battery/batteries do I need for a 6-8 hour fishing trip? Do I have to discharge the battery to prolong its life? Would very much appreciate any advise you may have. Thanks.

2. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Re: powering a fishfinder

Welcome to the site mate, I use a 7.2 amp hour sealed lead acid battery for shallow waters, you need to charge them with a charger of less than 1 amp, I just bought a 12 amp hr battery for the deep scottish locks, deeper the water the more power that is required, I also just got a Honda Optimate +3 charger which you can leave attached to the battery for as long as you like. The batteries are not expensive £20/30 is all you should be paying.

Ken

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: powering a fishfinder

Where can you get the batteries from Ken ??

4. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Hull Battery Centre Glenn, think the 12ah one only cost me 35 quid including the vat, will find out how much the 7.2s are as I get a good trade discount from them.

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I got this battery..
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-7-5-Ah-sealed-lead-acid-battery-Low-Postage_W0QQitemZ120390684892QQihZ002QQcategoryZ40975QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

and this charger..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500mA-charger-for-6V-12V-sealed-lead-acid-batteries_W0QQitemZ360142905956QQihZ023QQcategoryZ48618QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

6. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

id go with that from bay i purchased two last year for my lamping kit fot 11 quid so thats a good price as im always looking for the bargain