1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Worms??? Sending Fishing Baits In the Post !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mad mick, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

whats the best way to post worms n also the cheapest?

aa afew of you know i dig and sell bait when i come over north east. but to save abit of time and petrol am thinking of postong bait then i could do it more regular.

how do lads buy worms ect?

sorry am abit slow on this and alittle advice be very nice.

mick

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: posting worms???

Could you pm me some info on what you charge for worms ect please ....

3. Big Cast

Big Cast Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Mick Mate.....maybe a polybox depends on what worms and quantities etc ...thats how some tackle shops get them delivered mate..

Regard's Darren

4. mad mick

pm sent mate

mick

5. mad mick

thank you darren. ive been told a milk carton with water n worm but think pstage be crazy

mick

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Easy one this mick,poly box like the online bait companies use,baits arrive fresh as they come out the ground lol.Good idea mick u will make a packet pal ;)
    Good luck with it all bigman.

7. mad mick

i been doing it afew year now mate. just to lads who i know reli. its the only thing i can say hands down am good at lol.

just take package to post office? sorry to be a pain

mick

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

or use parcel2go.com mate you can choose different courier companies and they will collect from you

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

The courier service whitby catch uses charge 12.95 for next day delivery for a big polybox....I aint sure which company it is but they come pick up and then deliver if you ring whitby catch and ask for billy tell him u been speaking to perry he will tell u what company they use. Pm replied to aswell mate

10. Rod

Rod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have been buying slappy blacks from Blackpool,come next day in polybox with couple of icepacks in.Seller sends them by Royal mail and charges £10 for delivery,I get a tracking number but that only tells me they have been dispatched.Also had frozen delivered same way.

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Could be a canny bit of money in it for ya mick

12. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Poly box with ice packs mate if frozen.if slaps you may get away with strong carboard with ice packs from pound shop.insulate with bubble wrap or scrumpled up paper.
    Send me some on a dummy run mate.

When u over im missing ur crack ooh er missus!!!!.also need some lead.keep ya eyes open.

Wot bout large icecream tubs youd get few in there or cheap tuppereare again pound shop.add em in cost

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

13. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Mick I would be interested, when you find out a price, could you pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. mad mick

i will sean but you never text me back!!!
    not be digging in morning as am setting off to york in morning at 9.

i got some lead ll drop it off for u bud.

slaps be easyest to post. just blow lug be hard with been alive.

still open to more ideas lads. cheers

mick

15. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I know a lot of bait companies use ups mick,or any reliable courier would do the job,as long as it is next day delv.Would be a lot of intrest mick me thinks,I know I would be.Blow lug would be ok in paper,in the polybox,had it myself thru the post without any issues.Keep up the good work ;)

16. wilky

wilky Blenny

As I couldn't get out and dig myself, I tried some of Online Baits blow lug for the uptide fest. Packaged together with some frozen bits and bobs in a polybox half the blow had frozen and was useless when it got to me

17. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Poly box Mick ;) Line the box with a couple of sheets of newspaper then loosely wrap the worms in paper as if you were putting them in the fridge and then put in the poly box. Add a couple of home made freezer packs (water frozen in plastic bags) and pack with more paper to stop things moving around bang on the lid and bobs your uncle ::)
    Another thing worth mentioning is couriers usually charge by package and not by weight so it would be bebefitial for buyers to club together when buying worms because 500 would be same price as 50 if all in the same box 8)
    Good luck mate hope you make a fortune.

18. mad mick

cheers for the info lads. were is the best place for poly boxes? think i be digging saturday morning if the tides are right for me. check them when i get home.

mick

19. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

found these on google

http://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/3kg-polybox.html

http://www.jbpackaging.co.uk/1-5kg-polybox.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-LTR-POLYSTYRENE-BOX-COOL-BOX-FISH-BOX-QTY-10-/281221301263 (Looks a bit expensive :-\)

Pet stores use them for fish and live food for reptiles?, maybe bin them?? worth asking if they throw away/ re-cycle.

here another 1 http://www.starlightpackaging.co.uk/categories/Boxes/1.5klo-Boxes/ looks not bad for price??

20. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi mick. Did u get the pm i sent. You will be quids in mate if u start doin it i for one will be a tegular custmor
    If i were u i wuold set up a paypal acount. Or instaint bank transfur. Get your money up front so people dont let u down