1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port Mulgrave,,,

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Redneck Dek, Sep 24, 2017.

1. basha

basha Blenny

hit the cliffs last night odd little rattle on the tipp nothing to show for it.headed to the gullys as tide dropped managed two mops and a coalie,wasnt a total waste of time anyways,fish returned to fight another day....winds are looking better anyways with north westerlys forcast,might just nipp out tomorrow somewere.deffo need a little more sea,there was a slight swell picking up as i left.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done young man no blank good report

3. basha

basha Blenny

had another go last night,the shackles hartlepool,nothing to show for it apart from tiny whitie and a coalie,crabs a pain in the arse.good thing was the temperature drop,reading 4 degrees when i left.hopefully itll keep dropping and we will have less of the nippers and cart wreckers and the better fish will move over.hopefully heading out tnite for a gully chuck around cowbar area.

4. jc

again no blank
    we are doing sandsend sunday
    sea looked good today some lovely surf

5. basha

basha Blenny

went out last night john,too much sea on for were i wanted to go.the cliffs were out along the boilers too much weed.had a walk along saltburn pier,1 blokes fishing seriousely and he was gettng dragged all over with 8oz ov lead and a few opertunist anglers with feathers trying there luck pmsl.there was more peeps watching 10ft waves rattle the pier legs.after a mooch around and a few phone calls i headed to pools again,totally differant sanario,easy fishable with just a nice sea on.opted for the shelter of the shackles once again,not a lot to report from there apart from a lobster of size but it went back,pretty agressive lobster i may add aswell.didnt fancy climbing the gate on the heugh as the council have been down and took the wood out to climb over so fished just before the gate into the wrecking ground and grave yard tackle loss area.fished cart to start with and didnt get a sniff,so switched to blacks/mussell/squid combo.little rattles and slight drop backs for a good hour but nothing solid.switched to smaller baits and a double 2/0 pennel and result.first fish a wee chunky 3lber,took it home,followed by 2x pound and a bitt mopps,then another decent fish a tadge over 3 so i was well happy with that.never fished there before usually hit the end of the heugh.lads came of the end with a few fish aswell.wnt be out now untill tomorrow or monday back on the gullys.

good luck sunday john,get yourself down cowbar there be some nice fish around.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Heading out tomorrow,pin in the map time!

7. basha

basha Blenny

Going to try my best to do the same bud.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jc

well done again that man good informative report

9. basha

basha Blenny

fished horden beach last night and along blackhall rocks at low water with a mate ov mine from up north,a big fat blank,not even a flattie to show for it.long time siince ive fished along there.called through seaton on way back to see quite a few rods out,so went and had a natter.quite a few returns aswell,mainly small stuff but odd wee codlin mixed in aswell.

10. jc

think you have been fished out have a rest and start again

11. basha

basha Blenny

missus is away john,got to squeeze as much in as i can before she returns,no chance of doing 5/6 seshions a wk when she's home it'll be do this do that pmsl.plus gives me a chance to catch up with a few mates from bfore i packed the sea fishing in.must say looking back now i wish ide kept all me old gear its costing me a fortune.

12. basha

basha Blenny

im no diff with my barbel fishing,ide be out 5 evenings a wk sometimes in all weathers....crazy but true.

13. jc

good and truthfull report bud make hay as the saying goes

14. basha

basha Blenny

well that was woefull.
    thought i would have a nice relaxing seshion on salty last night and tackle the flatties expecting one or two.
    not a soddin one,not as much as a sniff,crabs were a pain.
    must have been 10 rods on the end and 8 or so scatterd along the sides.one flattie for a chap in among the weed he had pulled in,very disapointing.....there was some good banter on there mind and an exchange ov fishy pics,and burger and chips to go from fishy.

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

Least you got out Mark, I'm stuck in with a sprained ankle and knacked knee.

16. basha

basha Blenny

Nitemare bud.my last night out tnite for a good few days.time to get things ready for 2 wild nights out in whitby over the wkend.another year older come the 12th so gonna need a few days to recover lol.no idea were to hit tnite prob hit a local beach somewere for scrap or bust.hope that sprain heals soon mate and you can out bud.

17. Davo

Davo Rockling

Cheers mate. have you thought about going up to the River Wear for the big flatties there?

18. basha

basha Blenny

Used to fish pennywell yrs back had some munsters out ov the weir.not thought about there.comfy fishin too.

19. jc

nice one bud dont know whether to go now decide on the night me thinks enjoy your weekend

20. basha

basha Blenny

well thats me done now untill nxt wk,ive done some miles this past 6 days.i did try again last night of marske beach,sea was like a mill pond.as usual the crabs were on there game so wasnt going to throw good bait at them,so fished makky squid and blacks at them.managed two flounder about the size of an eye patch and a wee stray whitie the size of my palm,quit at 10pm went home and stuffed my face with parmo,looking forward to a wkend on the lash now at whitby,might just have to venture on the pier though see whats doin.