1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port Mulgrave,,,

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Redneck Dek, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

first time I've fished here.
    Started at 15:00,lovely day,flat conditions with a bit of colour.
    2 hook flappers,pulley pennels,running ledger even float!
    Rag,lug,peeler,mussel,cart,dirty squid,Makkie.
    Tried the gulley,distance,close in.
    Zilch,Diddly squat,nowt!
    Crab city!!
    I will definitely go again with a bit of sea on.
    Note to self,travel light and don't take the kitchen sink........
    Finished about 19:30 enjoyed it tho,
    Mind you 3 young uns came down and fished of the top of the big rock on incoming tide!
    Nearly cut off,had to jump for it think they got a bit wet!!
    Nearly a coastguard job but got off just.
    A few boats out hope they caught something.
    Here's to next time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. basha

basha Blenny

deffo fishes best after a blow with a wee sea on.
    good effort though you cant catch from the couch.
    lucky boys aswell,some people just need educating in the risks and approach it with more caution.mate ov mine was out last night fishing the shackles over pools,problematic with crabs on his bait soon as he it the water.he did manage a few coalies and a mopp around pound n a bitt which was returned.gutted i cant be out tnite but bairn still in hospital,going to have to be a midweek seshion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Was walking along Cleveland way staithes to kettleness yesterday

Nice to see ropes back in place at a couple of marks.

Kell. Hole looked nice a bit of colour linger knock revealed in all its glory.

Couple of recent rock falls had fossil hunters out on shoreline.

Couple of yakkers off staithes south nab.

Ropes in place means club men ready for the off or early mop action on the last rough up.

Port is a good venue on heavy seas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report shame no fish but beats watching tv and you will be fitter for it
    as for the lads we were always taught to repect the sea by my dad if there dad doesnt give a toss what chance do they have

• Like Like x 1
  5. jc

6. jc

sorry to hear on the young un hope all goes well and your back out
    had a couple of gare sunday night

7. basha

basha Blenny

if you dnt mind fishing for scraps to keep you busy the gares doing ok john aswell as pools.
    wonder if thoughs decent coalies n pollock are still getting caught of the east pier whitby.a fortnight ago it was fishing its socks off behind the wall.

wnt be long now mate and you'll be up in scotland again..............jealous.

would have loved just to get up and fish whithorn harbour again for the mullet but it aint gonna happpen.
    always fancied whitehaven,everytime im heading home i usually call along there and the lads seem to do better than scotland.

bairns out of hospital now,got a few jobs on early this wk in saltburn but think im free after thurs so deffo be a sesh sooner rather than later,want these seas to pick up a bitt.

8. jc

off friday so another trip to gare for baitfish is needed then shift a tonne of gravel in garden

9. basha

basha Blenny

im all stocked up now,may get a bitt more cart but everything else im fixed for bait wise now.
    300 plus maccy in freezer,30 packs ov black,30 boxes ov squid and 100 peeler,waiting on a mate to get me mussell cos i only got 20 bags.........good luck friday john.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Thanks for the info and encouragement lads,appreciate it.
    Hope your lad is better now basha.
    I've ended up with a wound in my leg from work this week just a bit sore!
    Might head out high tide tomorrow night if the leg is up to it gotta be somewhere easy tho.

11. jc

HAD A GO THIS MORNING NOTHING EVEN A NO SHOW OF THE SEALS

12. jc

upgang or sandsend car park dead easy

• Like Like x 1
  13. basha

basha Blenny

cheers bud lads fine,hope nothing serious with the leg bud.
    managed a few hours last night,headed north to pools over the rough stuff,crabs were a pain in the posterior.managed two mopps a decent coalie and lost a decent codling too a bad hook hold,absolute gutted almost had it in me hands,estimated weight about 3lb.not big but would have been nice for the pan.prob be out again start ov nxt week,be nice to have a better sea was like glass and wasnt expecting much to be fair,not a blank anyways.

were was you fishing john the gare??.........its gone a bitt quiet of there.i was tempted to fish round the river side,theres been some good wrasse showing but opted for pools instead.need a decent blow to be fair now mucky that water up a tadge was gin clear yesterday over pools.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jc

had an hour at gare riverside friday diddly squat on the maccy
    well done on your pool trip always nice to get a fish

• Like Like x 1
  15. basha

basha Blenny

winds are getting up might see a bitt ov sea and colour fingers crossed.
    warnings are in place for heavey swell according to gazette live,might just have to get out and nik a few with a bitt of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

That'll stir it up a bit,wouldn't mind getting out this week but Mrs is working away this week so just have to stay home with no1 daughter and the dogs!
    Hope to get out at the weekend ;)

17. basha

basha Blenny

im gonna get out tomorrow,low water throw somewere.seas are still disapointing but its that or sit in front of the box and a crate ov stella.fish the tide up for a few hours early doors so a late start.

18. jc

good luck im at bloody work

19. basha

basha Blenny

well you got to work john to buy all that nice shiney fishing tackle mate.
    ile think ov you whilst im getting crabbed off lol .

20. jc

sunday sandsend next trip for me mog now 18 days away