1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

port 2nite sh#@e

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

could'nt resist port 2 nite(not that i can normally resist the place), three poxy mops, with perfect conditions like that, NOT HAPPY... :mad:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sea still growing Paul so you havent faired to bad. I looked at Wave net and its been growing since this morning and is still getting bigger.

Wished I'd had another hour fishing tonight. Never had a bite till 9.30 then they came on. 3 bites in 20 mins but only got 1 out.

Could be good tomorrow night ????

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

maybe tomorrow lol ::)

4. pigeonian

pigeonian Guest

we going to whitby west tomorrow tnite (fri 22nd).............

5. Baramundi Bob

Think lobbers was there on THursday night might be worth finding out how he did. I know he spent some time saving a blokes life.

6. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

just got back in from yet another nights pleasure feeshing, had had four fish for abot 19lb, one of them( the biggest ) went back, covered in horrible looking holes and sores, a good six pounder aswell.
    anyway, last night(thursday), was on whitby west with a cuople of lads, not a lot doing(couple of two pounders), we were seal spotting before it got dark, there was a few kicking about. i spotted what i thought was a seal, heading out to seaout from the old cliff lift at upgang prom, me and the lads were chatting away when i heard a faint voice in the distance, looking around i saw that what i thought was the seal in the distance, actually had two arms waiving around, and the seal could talk, shouting "help help", i phoned the coastgaurd straight away, and the whitby lifeboat was quick to launch, he was a surfer, who had been caugh in a rip tide, not strong enough to get back ashore, was fast heading out to sea, he must have been kicking on half a mile out when the crew picked him up. :)

7. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

Well he was a lucky fella Lobbers? Well done spotting him and your quick thinking. Sounds like you probably saved his life.
    Very well done m8. Nice One.

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I think he owes you a drink Lobbers. Good to know it was a happy ending, you probably saving his life and knowing that it wasn,t another seal! ;D nice one.

9. Stu

Stu New Member

Another instance of we are the eyes and ears on the shoreline

10. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

We are the eyes and the ears of the shoreline.
    That didnt work Stu Nobodyelse came forward with anything for me to use. I couldnt submit only my own experiences and make it viable. I remember your input mate but it wasnt enough unfortunately.
    Thanks tho The idea was there. It seems to me if we get all this crap thrust upon us from the RSA or whatever it is.
    It will be ourselves to blame?

11. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

Oh another thing is. It seems to me that had I sent something in to the RSA It would have been ignored anyway?

12. Baramundi Bob

There are many people out there who for whatever reason want nothing to do with fighting this strategy. I ask myself many questions to try give reason to this. Do people actually want Licences and bag limits ? (its possible they do), do people understand what is being proposed and the fact it is real ? Someone posted something the other day on wsf that suggested it was all a rumour (despite being presented with a mass of information to the contrary). Do anglers just want to be left alone and therefore hope that keeping their heads down will mean these things wont be thrust upon them ? (they will - A large percentage of bass anglers and anglers from the south have actually approached government and ask for these things to happen). It would be easy to conclude that anglers will get what they deserve (and some will) but I think there is more at play here and the inability of DEFRA, SACN and NFSA to communicate well with us is part of it.

13. krysb

krysb Blenny

glenn

what has actually brought all this to the forefront, is it just the bass anglers down south complaining about fishermen ( recreational or commercial ) taking more than 1 fish out of the sea, or are people all over the uk asking for these stupid agreements etc?????
    I for one will not entertain the idea of a bag limit or a sea licence, as what can all these departments actually do with OUR monies to improve the quality of OUR SEA FISHING.
    I have a few suggestions for them if these issues are forced upon us
    1) Install chair lifts to all popular locations along the coast to ensure the safety of anglers and licence inspectors when attending to their business.
    2) Build and maintain a bloody public toilet on the anglers car park @ whitby, so you dont tread on shite whilst walking past the one the council closed down.

I really think that the voices of the people who are opposed to these issues will never be heard or acknowledged, as these departments are frankly NOT INTERESTED in what we have to say..

Krysb

14. Paul (Acko)

Paul (Acko) Guest

Thanks tho The idea was there. It seems to me if we get all this crap thrust upon us from the RSA or whatever it is.
    It will be ourselves to blame?
    No In dont mean that lads Sorry... WE ARE BEING RAILROADED.