1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pollak lures

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faraday, Sep 13, 2018.

1. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had a session tonight, marine drive scarborough.

targeting pollak mainly, had nowt.
    was on jellyworms, black with red tail but suspect there are better colour combi's as i saw another guy almost with a conveyor belt system going,,, doing well.
    Couldn't see what he was using, i also tried dexter wedge spinner with nothing to show, moved onto a 2/0 hook and a small lumi green lrf jelly - had a couple of nips close in and finished with a single mackerel.

Anyone like to suggest a good pollak lure please ?

2. Zetland

Zetland Blenny

Fiish minnows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. faraday

Will probably try my yozuri plugs too, will try a selection of firetails etc as a search on lures has revealed endless results.
    Technique used is cast out, let lure sink to bottom then very, very slowly retrieve . Ground is mixed with last and closest 20yds being very rocky / kelp so a lift over this is the usual for me.

4. faraday

Tried some jelly worms (6" white one), hit marine drive last night, plenty of pollak nipping tail ends - and only managed to hook a small 1lb ish pollak.
    So, will do the job when bigger fish are around. not long left and light fading fast into the evenings now...