1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

polaroid sunglasses-any reccomendations anyone?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Crab Nut, May 29, 2010.

1. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i'm looking to buy a pair of good quality polaroids and wondered if any of you lads can reccomend any. and also where you can buy em- don't want to pay fancy dan prices on designer gear but don't want to buy any rubbish either - cheers

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I got a pair of OAKLEY,S trouble is they cost a bomb, but you can get some at veals for about £20 :yes:

3. joe123lumbo

joe123lumbo Blenny

i got a pair of shimano rapala's from argos £25 comfy and do the job :)

4. steerser

steerser Blenny

If you have to wear safety glasses at work. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone. Get yourself some Oakley M frame glasses with polarised lenses. Top quality glasses..

5. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Maui jim`s

6. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

:cool: snowbees :cool: bout 18 quid got them from a shop on brid pier

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

shimano exage ones around £30

8. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

eye level from glasgow angling center.. 3 pairs for £30 ive used mine all day for driving an not had any problems

9. jacfodder

jacfodder Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Morning crabnut.
    Chapmans in hull or scunny do the eye ware ones for £14.00. If you need freshwater gear Matt Hayes company sometimes throw a pair in free with your order. Me being yorkshire, you know the score lad owt for nowt. cheers

10. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've got some Shimano Alivio AX glasses. They are dead light and pretty comfortable too, think I paid @£25 from Spotty Dog Tackle in Stockton.

11. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

12. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for the info lads i should be able to pick something from that lot- much appriciated, - thanks once again- crabnut

13. hooked by the sea

hooked by the sea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just another reply for you i bought some esp ones from tackle box in billingham for 12 quid i use them for fly fishing they are very lite and fit nice and they are the best ones i have owned work very well better than my 100 quid ones

highly recomended

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

I once got some fox 700 series amber gegs a few years ago for fishing on an evening for pike n stuff. There great glasses but with the amber lenses no good for daytime use. I could do with some black lenses for them or brown , anyone seen any ? cheers

15. hooked by the sea

hooked by the sea Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the esp ones are brown and spot on and a bargain :yes:

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive got some of the shimano ones. Highly recommend them to anyone.

17. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Last time I want out from Whitby in April I lost my pair of Oakley's over the side :angry: :angry:
    (Serves me right for not having them on a string)
    Lesson learnt :educated: :educated: :educated:...... Only use cheap and nasty now

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I have lost a lot of things , but my oakleys are allways on a cord :cool:

19. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

I think that the subject should read: polarised sunglasses because Polaroid is a brand name. I bought my Polaroids for £25.00 on a flight to Gran Canaria about 10 years ago. They have dark lenses and are wrap around. I use them for freshwater fishing as well as kayak fishing and they do a great job. :cool:

20. Maxie

Maxie New Member