1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plenty of mackie down the gare today (but)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by portlandbill, Jul 2, 2013.

1. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

:angry: unfortunately *ickheads as well :cry:
    fished 2 till 4 struggled at first could not get a fish :sad: lads come down and get fish straight away,
    anyway changed daylights/shrimps/then flatjacks and ended up with ten, one a whopper :cheesy:
    lot of mackie on morning, but lads getting fish and stamping on them and throwing them away and fish filleted just left to rot. :cry: even whole fish left, when i asked a lad about them he said i just like catching them :cry:

SILLY SEASON ARRIVED?

2. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i was down tonight because it was abit choppy for a sesh in the boat.

I'd have to agree, no respect for the fish they catch if you have no intentions of using it why kill it and chuck it on the floor.

I had a few and a few wind knots to my annoyance! i expect it to be chav central any time soon.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: plenty of mackie down the gare today (but)

Did you expect it to be different ?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

U crnt even explain to people like that......if I dont have any plans on eating it or using it for bait it goes back.
    Pure bred ignorance I am afraid :'(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

5. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

Even if they returned the ones that they didn't need, I doubt that many of them would realize that it has to be done without handling them, to give them a decent chance of surviving the ordeal.

6. bullfish

bullfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can you not get a fisherys officer to go down there? would they even do anything? these nobs must be braking some laws animal crulety or something?

7. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

I know that this might sound a bit controversial.

But isn't this one good reason why a shore fishing licence would be a good thing.

The idiots obviously wouldn't bother buying a licence and could be prosecuted.

For the sake of few quid for a licence - what serious angler would begrudge that?

BP

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Time for a bit of gravity on the situation methinks.
    Do we really want laws enforcing on cruelty to fish or having to pay a licence because of the seasonal influx of idiots?
    They will always be there- sad but true.
    Closing the venue is the only way to get rid of them but that would just send them to Whitby, Saltburn or Hartlepool.

9. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the last few years must b im getting older i just pick up every bodys daylight packets plastic etc and burn it and its not just the numties theres plenty so called fishermen just chuck it on the floor and why should we lose the gare to morons i now open my mouth when i c makkie being killed for fun if more did u never no some ov it might stop sitting there doing nothing is why these idiots keep doing it

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

Now that would be a sight Ian, watching them biking over the moors road swigging Lambrini and cans of Carling.

11. bucko

bucko New Member

Yup..Scaling could knock out cases of White Lightning and snidey tabs from their lodge.

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

There's something I never quite understand about this mackerel fishing scenario on the gare or on whitby piers. Every year we get the same posts from the same peoplr moaning about the same things. Personally I can't think of anything worse than fishing on a pier with the cast of the Jeremy kyle show. Yet every year you all flock there to do the same thing. Why not diversify a bit. I've had mackerel out of places you would never see another living soul. Cloughton and hommeril hole are two places I could name. Why go the same place, these retards are never gonna change. And you can't be enjoying your fishing as all you ever do is moan. It gets to the point where I almost dislike the whingers as much as the drunken littering chavs. What's going down ?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

13. CAB78

CAB78 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I like the point about a licence, but who would enforce it?

I freshwater fished for about 15 years and can count on one hand the amount of times I got asked for my licence by the NRA / EA bailiffs. Unless there is someone constantly 'policing' the piers I dont think it would make much difference. Sadly also, I think if there was 'someone' doing it they would probably only end up getting attacked by these idiots and getting hurt in the process.

I stop well away from the piers because of these d*ckheads...... I'd much prefer to see them pushed off into the sea (preferably with some lead around their necks!). The behaviour on the piers during the summer months is what families and jo-public see and therefore assume 'fisherman' behave like this; you dont see them out walking along them in the winter.

14. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Very Eloquently put Glenn.

Although i'd liken it more to 'Shamless'

BP

15. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oh great...now the Gare will be turned into a bloody dumping site for empty packets of feathers and old line everywhere and not even mentioning the stink of p**s.You wouldn't p**s on the deck of a charter boat so why the hell can't "anglers" face the sea when they have to go!!!!!!!!!!

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

All of these CRETINS are oxygen thieves the fact they are breathing ------ What I would do is put the lot of them in a shipping container and gas all of them , and wouldn't the world be a better place ?

17. Carrsythecod

Carrsythecod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

How do you teach responsibility? Given you have no authority and probably feel threatened, even if you aren’t actually threatened, how do you intervene even if only to educate?

If you simply make a show of cleaning up someone else’s mess do you not risk ridicule and aggression from those who maybe infer your actions as provocative; if they even notice at all!

It is difficult for individuals to take a stand these days. I applaud those who do but also worry for the consequences. I for one will not be playing the hero I get too angry too quickly to get involved.

I made a mistake and took the girlfriend once last year and she was made very welcome amongst the mess. She was offered Carling from one and WKD and casting lessons from another bloke who was half pi**** and dangerous. We moved away from the crowd on the end and found a quiet spot which was OK but we will not go back!

A licence will be bought by those already responsible and not by the irresponsible. In my view it will not change anything!

Not certain gas is the answer either that’s a tad right wing even for me!!

Glenn is right about seeking alternative venues but it is a shame that decent people are driven off what is a good platform. So, if not the piers, where do we go? Anyone have any ideas for those of around Teesside? Feel free to share as I doubt those we are talking about will have the sense to move from the Gare.

18. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Even when I was a kid with a few of my mates fushing on end of the piers..... yes fsir enuff we did do things wrong and what were most probably frowned upon....but lucky for us we had some older lads like yourself glenn, old Graham( who I saw today ) who pointed us in the right direction obviously tgese chavs who have no interest apart from white lighting and spliffs on there mind are num-skulls but as gor fishing off piers my mate who aint really a fishermen but does have some interest in the sport....... its ideal for him to start...... hopefully take to it and enjot his fishing ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

19. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i agree 100% year after year same old sh1t, this is my first look at this post and my last ,now any one got any good info on some shore acction.

20. merman

merman Blenny

What you want is a few fit lads to patrol well known chav fishing spots every so often to 'point out ', what they are doing wrong, if they don't shape up they should be whipped with spinning rods till they changed their attitude or died. Or you could get up for the early tides to avoid the hassle.