1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning a fishing trip...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Haka007, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

What are people preferred methods of planning trips?
    Do u look out the window and decide, take a look at bbc weather then make ur decision?
    To get the ball rolling i use a site called Tides4fishing.com it has every bit of info i can think of and seems to be very useful; tides, moon phases, sunrise , sunset, temperature, wind speed/direction, humidity and weather forecast etc.. Very easy to use too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Most people book well in advance, they use the tide tables to see what the better tides are

i have put the tide sizes on all my dates on my online calendar to assist people in choosing their days

3. Haka007

There is that but i mean like fishing from beaches, rocks and cliffs etc..

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The best fishing you will get if you are after cod in the winter is when the wind has been blowing off the sea and swell is in the water this is what brings the fish tight inshore to feed , either side of water high water off the peir at whitby usually best it is all about sea conditions that will give you the best results on the day.

XC weather will give you the wind direction and cefas weather bouys will give actual swell direction and height both good imformation.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

http://cefasmapping.defra.gov.uk/Map

paul.

5. Haka007

I see what u mean theres loads of things to consider..not just a sunny day, although this does work for some people! But u gotta be in it to win it!!