1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics I Forgot To Upload

Discussion in 'Smokeys Pictures' started by smokey, May 2, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

7 fish for just over 20lb in a Filey Club match this winter
    [​IMG]

8.5lb cod again in a club match this winter
    [​IMG]

A couple of pics from a trip to Shell Island last August,hard fishing but i took the only Bass landed that week,caught on a live Sandeel :happy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrs S in action on Shell Island
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrs S with a yorkshire bass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Returned to swim another day

2. langy

langy Rockling

great pics there smokey well done lad :) :happy:

3. Maxie

Maxie New Member

call me a sad git if you like but i like to see a good bag of cod laid out :yes:even if it is covered in cod s**t :death:
    ive had good big bass and that but its the bags of cod that i remember best,a good nights fishing especially in a match :happy:

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

:happy: :happy:

5. warrior

warrior New Member

good pics we want more :cheesy:

6. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

Quality pics there smokey, n crackin bag in pic 1! :yes:

7. bucko

bucko Guest

I've always fancied going to Shell Island Smokey, looks very nice.
    Someone was saying to me though that in the harbour on low tide all the fish go into a deep hole in the middle and thats the place to try. Apparently if using the right tactics turbot are catchable from the beaches there as well due to a 'seeding experiment' a few miles south.

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

It's a very queer place to fish Bucko.Where you fish at the harbour end it floods and ebbs very quickly,so you don't get that long in there.It leaves a deep pool like you say,i tried Rapala's,Dexters,live sandeel etc and blanked in the hole.The only Bass i got was right at the top of the tide and it took a float fished live sandeel.I saw a guy wading on the opposite side of the channel,he was using tiny Mepp's and i saw him get a couple of big Garfish.A big float fished squid might do the business for a big Bass,i tried and failed,but from what i have been told,it does throw up some big uns.It's the nicest place you will ever camp,to the south side in the big sand dunes takes some beating.If you plan on going down,get in touch with me and i will tell you where and how to get the live eels :wink: You can dig nice lug close by as well :happy:....tight lines