1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal best smashed for Brian and Sea Urchin

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mick, Mar 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Crackin fish mate - well done.

2. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

After Saturdays poor inshore fishing possibly due to the murky sea and swell combined Sundays trip had to be another long off shore wrecking haul but boy was it worth it for Brian Cope who beat his personal best with a marvelous Pollock of just over 15lb also I might add a Sea Urchin best ever Pollock

the boat was mainly full of novice anglers who also caught plenty of cod on the bait but the pollock were the main sport I think Brian landed four all over 10lb and one around 13lb I managed to land one just over 8lb in between untangling and re rigging the novice boys from Sheffield but a great day and well worth the trip out the festival looks to me like a pollock winner allthough we did see a double figure ling as well on the boat Sunday but my money is on the pollock in this years spring festival lets just hope the weather stays fine
    [​IMG]

3. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish well done top all.

4. woody

woody New Member

15 lb pollock exellent just shows whats out there bet they would go well on light gear lol, was it on a shad mick ?

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done mick on finding the fish for the lads. belting fish :happy:

6. wardish89

wardish89 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

gutted now i was out satday n didnt get nout tryin again on the 10th hopefully guna do well

7. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Well done Brian on a cracking fish. And well done Mick on finding them
    (Looks like a good supply of jelly's is going to be needed for the festival :wink: :wink:)

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done mick, i bet the crash dive of that biggun was a real tackle tester. hope you get some like that in the festival again this year

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Belting fish Mick. Do you know what the port record pollack is ?

10. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish well done

11. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

Not sure of the port record probably a lot bigger than 15lb dolly (trot-on) had one last year 15.5lb but the pollack are definitely showing more each year lets hope Brian and his huge Pollacks are the start of things to come for Whitby

12. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

First of all well done on the fish both skipper and angler, Im itching to get out but bloody forth coming wedding is zappin all my money :cry: On the plus side ill be able to jump on board with yourself mick after the 6th August when its all over any my money is mine once again :cheesy:.
    Well done on the fish and all the best for the festival Mick see you after August!!!!

Tight lines

John D

13. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

Quote: after the 6th August when its all over any my money is mine once again

Nice one John I have just managed to climb back on to my seat :laugh: I am afraid you are suffering from the love syndrome if you believe your money will be your own after the wedding :no: :educated: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seriously John have a great wedding and all my best wishes to you both

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!