1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peregrine Falcons On The Yorkshire Coast

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Glenn Kilpatrick, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. andym

andym Rockling

Excellent we have quite a few pairs along the coast ,My interests have changed lately getting into wildlife photography more seriously now some of my very recent work if you fancy a look

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. andym

andym Rockling

All of the above pics are of wild subjects too particularly proud of the Pine Marten and crested tit pics along with the Barn and Short Eared Owls

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. andym

andym Rockling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Glenn Kilpatrick

I saw your Wildlife stuff on another site, i was blown away by the quality. Im not particularly geared up for Wildlife although Im about to take the plunge and get some more gear. Do you mind if I ask what set up you have Andy please. ?

6. andym

andym Rockling

Cheers Glenn I use Nikon D90 and D7200 bodies and tamron 150 - 600 and nikon 70-300 lenses

• Like Like x 1
  7. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Superb those are Andy, particulary like the owls in flight shots

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Glenn Kilpatrick

Them Owls are Gorgeous shots. Ive become obsessed with the owls this winter. Im realising though that I need to splash the cash if if going to capture anything like these images. Im wondering If I might have accidentally bumped into you one day Andy. I know you mentioned The Scaling Area on Facebook, and when Ive been in that area myself Ive seen someone in a hide.

9. Glenn Kilpatrick

Cheers Andy. im currently looking at a Canon 7d and the sigma 100 600 sport.

@harrythecod is also doing some nice wildlife stuff. You must be very pleased with your pictures they really are excellent.

10. Glenn Kilpatrick

Ive got to laugh you know. i was out near Lealholm the other night and I got all excited thinking i was photographing a red kite. I later realised it was more like a heron. Eysight aint what it used to be.

11. andym

andym Rockling

No I don't use a hide yet but do photograph that same area over winter for the short eared owls funny about the kite I spent some time in the dawn light getting close to a fine fox in a stubble field once the sun came up a bit it turned out to be a traffic cone !!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. andym

andym Rockling

13. Glenn Kilpatrick

OMG no hide ?? You must really know your wildlife. I love all the photographs but perhaps the owl ones are my favourite. Ive spent a good 4 months now wathcing them on the moors and Im amazed by them and actually by their numbers. Seems the moors are covered in them.

Ive been speaking to Mike today and he tells me hes found yet another local Peregrine Falcon. I now know of 3 within a short distance from home.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Davo

Davo Rockling

Amazing pics Andy, especially of the Marten.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Glenn Kilpatrick

I love them all, it would be difficult to pick a favourite, but my love of Owls would probably take me to the one just about to touch down on its prey.

seohunt ps_zpsdmhpagvr.jpg.html

• Like Like x 1
  16. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Stunning photos mate,..i would love to capture wildlife on film just stating to get into it since my retirement....i'll just have to keep an eye on you boys ..who knows one day I might get some shots almost has good as these...(I wish).....mick.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

18. Hairybeast

Hairybeast Blenny

those are all amazing wildlife photos

• Like Like x 1
  19. Glenn Kilpatrick

20. andym

andym Rockling

Managed to track the male of my local pair down hunting pigeons pics not as good as I was hoping but hard with such a fast paced subject
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]