1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who don't like you to report on forums.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ok I keep getting the odd dig from people about putting information on the internet and about people discussing marks and putting up catch reports.

Someone on another forum once described this bunch of anglers as the take all give nothing brigade. I think his comments were about right.

It's time anglers realised the internet is here to stay. With mobile phones, chat rooms, msn, yahoo, forums, message boards etc catches can appear on the net only moments after they have been made, and if they aren't reported in this forum they will be made elsewhere. Have a look around

wsf - http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Angling North East -

http://s11.invisionfree.com/Angling_North_East/index.php?act=idx

Ic Newcastle - http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/angling/

Yorkshire Angling - http://ycsa.proboards45.com/index.cgi

Mike North East Angling (some good mark info here - full details on how to find your way down boulby and Kettleness) -

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mike.sawdon1/

Fishing Marks -

http://www.photorecce.co.uk/

Your favourite marks and baits are being discussed as we speak. There is no way to stop it. Have a look you might actually learn something.

If you don't like reading catch reports etc please remove this forum from your browsers favourites.

If you have issue with people reporting on catches from your favourite marks please take it up with them - personally. I haven't got time for such trivialty.

This site is to help anglers and promote fishing in the region - and long may that continue.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

I know what you mean there glen , when cleveland sea angler was up and running i used to enjoy the crack and info but towards the end there were certain people who use to put post upon post of how well they were doing and stuff like that ,but would not give any info away as to were was fishing ,baits etc etc and when you use to ask em they got very defensive , go and find out yerself and stuff like that ,i can partly understand why they didnt want anyone to know were they were fishing due to matches and stuff but it was the way they use to come out with it , i despised it not cause i was gona run down and fish the marks they caught fish on ,but just for future reference and info , personally i got the impression again certain anglers thought they were above and a better fisherman than everyone else ,which i personally did not like one bit and i,m assuming alot of other anglers didnt like as sombody started to ruin it by posting under different names and take the piss out of these better lads , to me forums are for sharing info and helping one another ,at the end of the day these better lads would of got some of there info from fellow anglers ,so why the secrecy,it beats me , its not as if there is only a few fish in the sea for them selves , if i can help anyone i would think nothing of it ..and just help , maybe its just in some peoples make up ....Dave ...future cod master lol....

3. Stu

Stu New Member

yeh people dont like you going to there favourite fishing marks after they had fish from there but the fish they had are not there no more if they have took them out just cause it fishes one day doesnt mean it will fish the same the next day

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

I know Mike Sawdon hes a great bloke Do owt for anyone and nice ta boot. I know someone told him off for posting info on the internet. I do not agree with that. I and most other lads are the same. We like to be helpfull, I will admit tho there are certain things I wont put on the internet About where I fish. I know commercial fishermen read it and bring nets to areas people have posted about. Its finding a balance between too much free information and a bit of friendly advice. I know a lot of lads WILL NOT give the whereabouts of bass away. and I think they do right.
    Cos some greedy b****d will come and wipe them out.
    Its not as cut and dry as you seem to think glenn? Theres more too it. I think all sucessfull anglers are gonna have their secrets Its what gives them the edge. But people who say we shouldnt post ANY info are hippocrits what are they doing reading forums? They are looking for information lol

5. Baramundi Bob

To be really honest the best advice I could give anyone is, fish hard and learn the marks yourself. Take a mark from photo recce and over several years fish it in all conditions, tide and sea states and keep a diary of your results. By all means keep an ear pricked for snippets of info, but make sure you test that info out so it works for you, even keep information on the exact times of your catches and see if a pattern forms.

I always think there is a lot more to fishing than meets the eye. Because you know someone caught fish at a mark does not mean others will do the same. I observed a certain angler in our club for years - I learnt all his marks and when he goes there, but I still can't catch a fish when he is there (he knows something I don't), Its got to the point I now avoid the marks he fishes. Percentage wise I aren't even sure that the mark comes out highest as the most important amongst all the factors involved.

Sea state
    bait
    tide
    exact casting position
    type of lead
    type of trace
    leaving slack in the line (a trick Ive seen used by some of the best - everytime I try my line ends up like a washing line with weed)
    moving your bait about
    strength of line
    casting ability
    The list goes on

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its nice to help somebody if you can but you will allways get anglers who are a lot better than others its like that in every sport but as glen said it takes many years of experience to make a good angler looking at the sea and deciding which marks to fish the direction of the swell low water ,high water different marks fish in different conditions at different times of the year you never stop learning, bait is a big advantage and that is what often gives certain anglers a big advantage but again its often experience which tells you what to use and where just a daft example many years ago i was fishing on west peir one afternoon in march there must have been 15 people on the peir and i was the only man with lug well yellowtails to be exact most people were using rag i myself must have had over a dozen codling and nobody else had a fish the guy who fishing next to me couldnt believe it so i give him a couple of yellowtails and he was straight into fish it just shows what to use and where i have often heard people say cod will anything if they are hungry i just have a little giggle to myself i only they knew.

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

i think to put the rough location is quite acceptable, nobody is going to tell you exactly which rock they were stood on because, believe it or not the next time you go there there will be someone stood on it. You have to let people find out something for themselves, thats part of the learning curve.when the great raymondo caught a19 pounder and several other fish with it a year or so ago ,I bumped into a bloke down stoupebeck a couple of days later whilst having a walk with the FPO (fishing permission officer) he knew all about the Great Raymondo's big bag, and had come to try and do the same-all the way from LEEDS. This months article in Sea Angler on Port Mulgrave tells you about the area, as Sea Angler always does, but leaves the finer detail to be discovered. I think if the truth be known we would all like to be shown the rock to stand on, but it's not going to happen.

8. Baramundi Bob

Same happened at Saltwick a few years ago when Steve I'anson reported on his 20 pounder. There was folks turning up with laminated articles asking where to catch 20 pounders. I know Paul has had the occasional decent fish but Ive fished that area for 15-20 years and never had anything over 9 pounds.

9. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

didnt he actually catch it in RHB thro.

10. Baramundi Bob

:( Well that was what I was told too. Bit naughty to send all those anglers to one of my favourite places whilst he fished in peace down there. ;D

I've just been speaking about this on wsf as well.

There is an article coming up in sea angler on Hawsker. I was down there when they did it and can vouch for the fact there was only 1 fish caught all night and it looked about 5 pound. Lets see what the right up says.