1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penn surf blaster and rampage

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Big Kev, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Morning all, I was just browsing through the veals catalogue and seen this combo, I was thinking of a fixed spool set up and already looked at the surfblaster and it fairly impressive but I don't know anything about the rod.
    If anyone has seen or used one your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers Kevin

2. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

both ok for the money

3. penn

penn Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had my two for a yr now been ok upto now used my 8000 on bemmo have the 7000 but not used it much just find the 7000 abit lighter.

4. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

My mate bought the combo and I have used it - very impressed for costs.
    Mick.

5. The Ace

The Ace Fish On!

Hi Kev,

I bought the penn affinity 8000 & the 15'9 Rampage from Whitby Angling a few weeks ago - so only had it out 3 times but I'm impressed with both, I'm running 65lb Whiplash on the reel so no need for shockleader, the bite detection is second to none even in rough conditions, very windy on the Brigg on Sunday but still saw the bites no problem!!

Tex

6. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for your replies as always very helpful, I was just concerned the 15ft would be a bit soft for the Brigg. I know the reels have great reviews but not so much reading on the rods.
    Cheers Kevin

7. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, I bought the same compo but from a different dealer afew weeks agok, not gad it out in rough weather yet but had afew whitys on it, good bite detection and I used it in the stronf westlys two weeks ago with no bother