1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penn Spinfisher 7500 lc - Penn Fishing Reels

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by gwyn, Dec 18, 2014.

1. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Any one know if the above reel has an automatic bail arm or is it a manual bail arm

2. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

Re: Penn spinfisher 7500lc

Manual , my mate has recently bought one nice reel :)

3. mattiethomp

mattiethomp skinnygrove back alley shin kickers

Yeah just acquired one manual bail tho Shadrap informed me a couple of lads hav had an issue with the bail closing mid cast ??? No probs myself looks ans feels a quality bit of kit, much nicer than a shimano with its plague lug problem 8) eh mozzer? Te he

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Nice peice of kit had quite a few fish on mine it's casts nice and when retrieving a fish does it with ease .

Paul

5. mozzer

mozzer Blenny

OOH.. that hurt you now how sensitive my lugs are :(

6. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Thanks for the help lads much appreciated

7. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Tried mine for first time last night coped well on the cliffs , well impressed

8. rdngd

rdngd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fantastic reels they are now the go to reel on my boat in the Florida Keys I have 5 from the 8500 to the 3500 the big one has had many tarpon over 150 lbs and shark over 200 lbs. A bit of advice if you want, best to oil the line roller every trip and all seem to like a full gearbox I now make my own grease Yam Lube mixed 50/50 with hypoid EP gear oil and stored with just a touching drag.

9. cps

cps Rockling

wonder if they are a different line roller to the slammer as I have had a 550 live liner for tope fishing maybe 10 years and still on its original bearing in the roller it gets washed every trip but only oiled every now and then that said you reels will get more use in a year than mine in 10

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Have you any links to where to buy this real ??

11. robq

robq Rockling

whitby angling supplies looks on par with the cheapest out there at around £150

12. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I got one of these just before Christmas it's that good I'm getting another one

13. incodwetrust

incodwetrust Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Whitby had one in stock the other week because i tried it in a reel case as a fit for mine.
    They wanted £152...which is as cheap as i have seen?
    Got mine from Gerrys @ Morcambe..£157...they had more in stock.
    Went there to get an affinity, then spotted the 7500lc, much solider reel... when compared to the other Penns, and the Shimanos, built like a brick outhouse, if you have them in your hand it is an obvious no brainer!
    Used mine several times without issue, no bail problems at all.

mel...

14. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Glasgow angling are selling them for £138.00 at the minute I just bought another one
    Regards
    Ian