1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penn Powerstix Pro Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Uata the Watcher, Oct 5, 2012.

1. I am thinking of getting a Bass/Flattie/Spinning Rod

There are 2 versions of the Penn Powerstix Pro Bass on the MArket at the moment 10' (old apparently) and 11'6" (new)

The 11'6" are going for about £85 the 10' about £40

Does anyone have experience of either ?

I was thinking of going for the 10' as even though the older version it should still be a good Rod

All opinions welcome

Cheers

U

2. graydays

graydays Codling - the spawn of two different fish?

On the whole I really like the Penn rods - I have the 15'9 and the 13'6 beach rods and love the weight and bite detection of both rods so when a 11'6 bass rod came up for sale I thought it would be great as a general bass/flattie rod ideal for the summer humber matches that I frequent. I was wrong. The rod is probably fine for what it was designed for, standing in the surf, rod in hand, with a nice tempting crab bait on a simple rig with a rolling lead, but for flatties and spinning it is just too stiff. The bite detection is just not there. The 13'6 rod makes a better flattie rod.
    I would look to a rod made for flatties or even a spinning rod which could double up a a flattie rod, but not the bass rod - but that's just my opinion....

3. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i think dan the pollock got powerstik bass for sale,give him a pm

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling