1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

penn fathom 15,20,25

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Dec 22, 2011.

1. woody

woody New Member

anybody used these reels my dad is after a new boat reel and not sure whats good and whats not , looking for summat nice and light for shadding any replies appreciated :cool:
    [​IMG]

2. 16979arkle

16979arkle Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

been looking at these for the rough ground

3. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just bought a pair of the 15s. seem very nice. light with 6 brake blocks. I engaged 3 blocks and cleaned a bit of the grease from inside and they went ok. Really need a good clean of the grease and i'll clean and redo bearings with yellow rocket fuel , that done they should speed up no end. with the way they were they never fluffed and was going around 160 yds with 20lb red ice on. Handle is nice and comfy too. got mine for £125 each from Rutherfords in Sunderland.

4. woody

woody New Member

as i googled it i seen some vid on youtube saying summat about antireverse bearing faliure ???

5. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yeah i saw that too, after i bought them however. If it happens i can take them back. would imagine the 25 would be a nice shadding reel, looks same size as a 535. I havent been fishing with them where i'll get a better opinion of them but 1st impressions are good.

6. woody

woody New Member

thanks egg

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

25 is bigger than a 535 woody,

the 15 or 25 non level wind are beautiful reels, we have them in the shop if you want a look