1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

penn 525 sideplate rings

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by steven watt, Dec 7, 2011.

1. steven watt

steven watt seafishing more

hi all
    just wanted to no if any one knows away i can make my peen 525 side rings look like new again as the paint is starting to come away.. ive seen a set on ebay and they are too high priced. was thinking of spray painting them. but dont no if that will last in the rain thanks in advance... steven

2. steven watt

after looking around on the internet i thought id give it a try my self of re spraying them

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have you priced new "silver "ones , if suited from 525 gls.
    Your bound to hammer the plates with the reel down the but, was spraying them suitable for the long term?

Some earlier topics on this subject mentioned "flaws" in the plate -rings ,causing cracks, check for those as you
    may have a problem later.

4. steven watt

Hi mate. Its just a quick fix till Penn services down south gets some in..... Good lad done there I ordered a bearing yester at 4pm and it was on my door mat this morning

5. mww

mww Rockling

Steven

agree with what MTH said, get some of the stainless ones of the standard (non mag) 525 - similar price to the black/ ally ones, but will outlast the rest of the reel. I've got 2 sets on 2 of my 5 or is it 6 525mags & they fit fine.

Mart

6. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Just clean them and respray them. Simple.