1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PB Perch

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mattylamb, Jul 8, 2008.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

lets do it. now comes the hard part of organising a date.
    Weekend? one day? Location? suggestions please :happy:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Would be good to make a weekend of it, Derwent Water would be a good venue as there is the campsite on the shore. Holds some nice Pike and some very nice Perch :wink: Bassenthwaite is an excellent Perch/Roach venue but apparently the Pike fishing isn't quite what it used to be.

Grasmere is a good venue for the yaks and excellent bank access as well, one or two dinky Perch but nothing worth mentioning :whistle:

I quite fancy fishing some of the more out of the way venues as well, Buttermere looks interesting but I don't know much about fishing rights on there. Coniston could be well worth ago as well.

Lots to choose from :cheesy:

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Went there with school a few years back, There are some good pike in there :yes:

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

personally I would prefer Grasmere/Rydal as there is always somewhere sheltered to fish and a ticket covers both waters, theres also some decent campsites not too far away on the main A591 road to keswick.

Getting a weekend away is the only issue for me - I'll have to work on that one!

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, Grasmere and Rydal are recommended :wink:

I'm sure you can discuss with your lass about you going away fishing when you get back from the Lake District on the Sunday night :hurt: :scare:

6. bucko

bucko Guest

Doesn't Derwent fish well for trout as well?

And the River Derwent- the salmon/sea trout stats speak for themselves.

Now, just to throw you all into a frenzy I know a lad in Cumbria who does very well for bass & mullet on the fly- Maybe you should create a challenge like a WFF 'McNab'- a pike, a perch, a trout, a salmon and a bass in one weekend!!!
    Bonus points for anyone that clips a pheasant on the way there :laugh:

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Flippin eck Bucko, that's one hell of a challenge. Can't wait!! :canadian:

8. Davo

Davo Rockling

Will you keep me informed when you are going lads?

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

It will al be on here Dave. I'll start a thread about it soon

10. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

anywhere with bank access and plenty of space to fish around. not so bad for me the lakes are only an hr from my house :cheesy: maybe a lake with a good variation of fish would suit???

11. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Both Rydal and Grasmere have excellent bank access, most of the Lakes have a healthy stock of Pike, Perch and Roach. Other species like Trout, Eels, bream, etc can be found in some of the lakes as well.

12. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

what about the elusive arctic char?lol

13. bucko

bucko Guest

Just don't be polishing your spinners with your back turned Phil- people might get the wrong idea! :wink:

14. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

well if there was out of that goin on there wouldnt be much movement ah tell ya lol :embarrass:

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:surprise: :laugh: :laugh:

17. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

haha just thought of this... 'but i've only got a little twanger!' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

18. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :laugh:

19. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

y'know..????...rainbow?????
    if you havnt got a twanger you can play with your balls! if you havnt got any balls you can play with a friends lol

20. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Getting a bit scared now :surprise: