1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paypal heads up(fake email)

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by jason131972, Oct 14, 2014.

1. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just got an email,saying its a bill from paypal debiting £39 from my account for Skype
    if I want to dispute it which I did there was a link to do so, by sending me to a paypal link
    (resolution centre)which looked very genuine as I sighed in with my password
    which put me onto a page to fill my bank details,then I clicked why would they want that when paypal has all this info :-\so I called paypal and said its a fake account and to just delete the email
    as he had a few calls today about the same matter
    I nearly came a cropper as to even get my card out :eek:
    so be carefull from these scamming bass turds :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

Every time PayPal send you an email it states your full first and second name if it don't get rid of it

3. jason131972

good tip thanks

4. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

So many scams around involving Paypal - I get them pretty much every week ::)

Another tip to remember - Paypal ONLY knows the email address you used when you logged in with it - I have a separate one JUST for Paypal use and all the scams come to my other email addresses that have been in use for many years and obviously been picked up by scammers.

It's easy to set up a Gmail account (or Hotmail or any of the free ones) and keep it purely for Paypal, or Amazon, or Ebay etc. If you include the word paypal in the email address it's easier to spot ficticious bills etc if they come through the wrong email account ;)

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quite Simple. Paypal, Ebay, Your bank, Google, Amazon et al NEVER send emails asking you to click a link to confirm any details, claim a prize, pay a bill etc.

Thats all you need to know. If you get an email asking you to click a link to confirm something, its FAKE !!

6. jason131972

cheers its the fist one I ever got and not really great with computer issue's and that

7. corkyballs

corkyballs Blenny

You mention you signed In with your password - I'd be changing that if I were you.

8. jason131972

yeah ive changed em all,first time its ever happened to me and im quite gullible :-[