1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Meters In Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by barrymac, Mar 24, 2014.

1. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

whilst in whitby today, , i noticed all along west cliff and the lay by at sandsend, the council have erected parking meters , although not in use, no doubt the covers will be off in time for easter, more expense for tourist,

2. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Was up there myself today, read in the local paper that they are intending staring the scheme in time for Easter. How much is this lot costing I noticed the large site under construction about a mile from Whitby.

3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One sometimes wonder if the council are intent on killing off geese that lay eggs!
    Nuts, isn't it.

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The large site is the park and ride with very few spaces and will not be cheap, the parking meters (which are extensive and mandatory) will be in force from easter, you will have to pay to park pretty much anywhere in town if you dont have a residents permit (these are zoned), this is soley to take your cash, there is no sense to be found in it aside from greed.

Oh and also the point about cost? this is negligable when each cash cow machine sh*s more per day than most mid level management types earn per year, im just surprised it didnt happen sooner

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

We now have to pay to park outside our homes.

6. philkingcod

philkingcod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all iam coming up to whitby on wednesday night to stay over were can i park safley as the last time i came over i got a ticket :eek: any suggestions would be much apreciated
    thanks phil

7. Baramundi Bob

Where are you staying Phil ??

8. Baramundi Bob

A very interesting thread on the Parking issues at the link below. Please feel free to sign up and join in. The group is owned and run by myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/realwhitby/permalink/1385391428366250/