1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking At Hawsker - Please Keep The Farmers Access Open At All Times.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Kevin Thompson, Nov 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

100% agree with respecting the farmers wishes and not blocking his land up, as I put in my post. My response was to a couple of people in particular who posted above. 1 blaiming this site and a couple saying there are people they dont know down there.

If there are people you dont know. Go introduce yousrself with a smile, then you will know them.

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Absolutely agree Glenn .
    I fished a mark yesterday on the Holderness that has two access points, one involves walking a mile and a half the other a couple of hundred yards but needs permission to park in a farm yard. I haven t got the required permission so made the walk.......... I wouldn t want to spoil it for those who do.

Hopefully after the forum raising the concerns over Hawsker people will be more considerate. So the forum will have a positive effect not as mentioned earlier in this thread which I disagree with by the way, all the access points were talked about by word of mouth well before the advent of fishing forums and I ve not seen anywhere on here mention of using the farm as access, so nothing to blame the forum for that is for certain.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

3. Baramundi Bob

Thanks dave from memory the farm has never been mentioned in anything I've written. I've always mentioned the car park at south hawsker and walking the Cleveland way northwards for 15 mins.

I struggle with people joining a site which is all about helping people, and then in their first few posts start criticising the site for doing its job.

If people don't like the site and what it does then why on this earth are they here. My thoughts as always is the more people moan, the more I'm inclined to open even more up. The coast is for everyone, none of us own it.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Baramundi Bob

5. cps

cps Rockling

I think the popularity increased when wacker put the ladder down as it went from a long walk down green spring or a difficult climb to a relatively short walk and easy climb [ well easy in my book] or maybe that just coincided with the increase in anglers that fish it

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The bit where the ladder is now was allways wet and very slippery and was a bit of a pull up with good a bag of fish a hell of lot easer now since the ladder was put there not that many fished it in those days must be like blackpool now havent been down for nearly 2 years must very popular now.

paul.

7. robq

robq Rockling

Dont forget about the sea angler article that raised its popularity a few bars !! That must have been 5 years or so back now ??

8. Baramundi Bob

Theres been multiple sea angler articles over the years. The planet sea fishing link I gave above was a sea angler feature.

http://www.planetseafishing.com/features/read/a-handle-on-hawsker/

Ive always made the point that Marks change in the popularity rankings and also they change in terms of fish presence from year to year. What does surprise me is the lack of anglers using South Hawsker which has equal potential and thrown many match winning bags and fish over the years, yet remains relatively underfished.

I always used to say that Staithes was much underfished, infact the area south of the village down to port was rarely touched. But that all changed last year when everyone got the idea it was the only place you could actually catch a fish. But no doubt whilst Staithes was getting all the attention, the more skilled anglers were sat alone picking just as many fish out of other marks without having to follow anyone around.

Anglers come and anglers go in this sport, hopefully its popularity is on the increase and more and more people will come and want a piece of the action. I personally like the idea of the sport progressing and now it would seem the best anglers have to know a little more than just being able to fish a mark on their own.