1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking at cowbar

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Biker Jake, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sent the council a question and it looks like its a police matter if you park down there? :sick:

he still didnt answer my question!

2. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aslong as u don't block the slip way up for the life boat or other cars you shouldn't have any problem I park my car down there aslong as there is space n never had ne bother

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

park at the bottom of cowbar at your own risk, i chance it and have been done twice by the local constabulary, i think it depends on weathwer they can be arsed driving down cowbar side, they always do steers side. but be aware i fishcowbar a lot and have paid the fines for it, i park at the top now .

4. Groyne

Groyne Guest

As Lobbers says, park at your own risk. I've been parking down there for several years and never been fined, but quite a few of my mates have been nabbed.

5. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Does getting caught have more to do with the time you are fishing down there ie if you were fishing from 9pm till 3am rather than through the day would you be less likely to get a ticket ?

Never fished down there but it would be a new mark to try this winter.

6. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished down there a lot last winter ,never had a problem,but it was always late evening,the parkin lads finish at 8pm and never seen a copper down there at all,,there is plenty off parkin space if every 1 parks right,,

7. bucko

bucko New Member

I would have thought that between say 9pm and 3pm you wouldn't have a problem.
    However, the police have ticketed down there a few times this year between 8am and 6pm.
    I don't know if restrictions are to be enforced in the future but we used to get a 'user' permit for parking down there while off the boat- this year its on the other side by the fisheries office and no doubt heavily policed.

8. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Theres a letter from the police, posted on the notice board at the RNLI shop, basically says residents have complained about unauthorised parking and they (the police) will be enforcing the rules and fixed penalties will apply. Park at your risk.

Cheers

Jim